20 Ways to Throw a Rockin’ Gem-Inspired Party
If you’re looking to throw the ultimate summer party, Pinterest might be your first destination for ideas. Since it can be hard (and a bit overwhelming, TBH) to sift through all the themes out there, we’ve discovered a new party trend for inspiration: gemstones. To get on this dazzlin’ party theme, think bright, colorful modern decorations with a hint of glitzy glam. Whether it’s a prismatic wall installation or giant gem rings, you’ll love these fab gem-inspired ways to deck out your next summer soirée, kid’s party or bachelorette weekend. Scroll down to see 20 ways to *rock* your party decor game with these gemstone must-haves!
1. Paper Gem Installation: Get the photo backdrop of your dreams with this gorgeous 3D gem installation. Pick out your favorite colors on card stock paper, fold, glue together then repeat! This wall gallery is so pretty you’ll want to keep it long after the party’s over. (via Natalie Spencer Photography / 100 Layer Cake-let)
2. DIY Gem Cake Toppers: Add a little *oomph* to the top of your cake without going for the traditional wax candles. Instead, top off your cake decorations with neon gem fixed skewers. Don’t stop at topping the cake — make a few extra to throw into your glasses as fab drink stirrers. (via A Bubbly Life)
3. Gem Cookies: Whip up a batch of colorful gemstone cookies for a party snack that tastes as delightful as it looks. To make sure your icing work looks as good as it does on these cookies, stick to a smaller hole in your bag when piping. Finish off the look by sprinkling on some edible glitter for that extra *pizzazz*.
4. DIY Giant Gem Rings: You don’t have to throw a bridal party or a bachelorette to want to pull off these major bling rings. Make these with your guests for a fun and crafty take-home party favor. All you’ll need are some ice cube molds, hot glue, markers and your favorite nail polish colors. (via Studio DIY)
5. DIY Donut Diamond Rings: Think outside the box by adding gem toppers to something other than cakes or cupcakes. To take a bite out of this yummy donut DIY — stick a set of fab gem toppers into the side of your donuts for instant edible diamond rings. (via Sprinkles for Breakfast)
6. DIY Gem Cupcake Toppers: If you’re looking for something a little more traditional, these DIY cupcake toppers will do the trick. To make, you’ll want to draw your gemstone designs onto card stock, color, cut them out and then attach to toothpicks. (via Confetti Sunshine)
7. Confetti System Diamond Piñata ($150): Knock your party decor out of the park with a metallic gold gem piñata. But before it comes time to actually *knocking* it out, incorporate your piñata into your photo backdrop for an added glam factor.
8. DIY Gem Drink Stirrers: Jazz up your drinks or food with a little gold glitter and gem-shaped reusable ice cubes. Insert a bamboo skewer into each gem and you’ve got yourself a fabulous and festive set of drink stirrers or food picks. (via Sas + Rose)
9. DIY Wood Gemstone Garland: These gemstone garlands made of balsa wood are a party decoration must-have. Use an X-ACTO knife to cut out the desired gem shapes, then paint them however you want and you’ll have these wonderful wood garlands in no time. (via Tell Love and Chocolate)
10. DIY Gemstone Bottle Stopper: Just because they’re stoppers, it doesn’t mean style stops short. Bring the party to your wine bottles with these DIY gemstone bottle stoppers made of clay and corks — both of which you can pick up at your local craft store. (via Freutcake)
11. DIY Stamped Gem Napkin: With gemstones popping up everywhere at your party, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be on your napkins too. Though with napkins that look this good, you almost won’t want to get them dirty. (via At Home in Love)
13. Gems Printable: This printable coloring sheet of gemstones might bring to mind those dark candy crush days. Don’t worry, these gems promise to keep your guests occupied WITHOUT consuming their lives. (via Minieco)
14. Glass Gem Candy Display: These gem-shaped display cases are all sorts of pretty. Fill them up with plenty of gem-shaped candies to go around and you’ve got a fun and fab party decoration. (via Amanda Megan Miller Photography / 100 Layer Cake)
15. DIY Gem Skewers Table Runner: Yes, you can give your table a gem-tastic makeover without burning a hole through your wallet. Just slap together super simple origami gems, mount them on skewers and stick them into a piece of foam for an inexpensive AND impressive DIY gem table runner. (via At Home in Love)
16. Ban.do Giant Gem Speaker ($40): Make sure you and your guests *rock* out with this ultra chic giant gem speaker. It’ll tie in seamlessly with your decor while keeping those good vibrations going all party long.
18. Graphic Gem Gift Tags and Halftone Wrap Printable: Looking for the perfect gift tags for your party favors? Cut out these fantastic gemstone printables for a quick and easy way to send your guests home with gifts that look classy AF. (via Minieco)
19. DIY Paper-Cut Gems: Whether you choose to go colorful or classic with these paper-cut gems, it’s up to you. Just make sure your party has ’em! String them onto a length of yarn for a glam garland or throw on some sticks for a photo prop — the possibilities are endless. (via Minieco)
20. DIY Sparkly Chocolate Gems: Chocolate and gems combine for a whole new way to enjoy the sweet treat. For the finishing touch, glam it up with a little edible gold foil. (via Brittany Mahood Photography / The Cake Blog)
Are you going to *rock* a gem party too? Share how your party turns out with us on Instagram @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.