11 Gifts for People Who Practically Live Out of Their Suitcase
It’s true, the jet-setting life always looks amazing. Escaping the mundane details of your everyday routine, flying from exotic location to exotic location and experiencing the world frankly sounds like the dream. But despite what it may look like on Instagram, being a world traveler can also be exhausting, uncomfortable, stressful, and lonely. Just ask any of your friends who travel constantly for work (or perpetual wanderlust), they’ll probably tell you it’s fun, sure, but they still miss the comforts of home. Next time your friend is going on a trip (instead of just obsessing over their social media accounts), give them a travel-friendly gift that makes all their nomadic experiences (at least feel like) first class.
1. Away Luggage The Carry On ($225): There’s a reason everyone is obsessed with Away Luggage: it’s durable, roomy, and beautiful. This carry-on size comes in lots of lovely colors and is just right for jam-packing every single trip essential and then some.
2. Everlane The Twill Weekender ($98): Everlane’s versatile weekender will complement any friend’s style; it’s made with quality, ethically sourced fabrics and is the perfect gift for those who travel light.
3. Cincia Rocca Wool and Modal Gray Fringed Scarf ($280): Plane climates can be unpredictable. One minute, it’s freezing and the next it’s boiling hot. A soft, lightweight scarf is ideal for keeping your friend just warm enough to combat a blasting air vent but not so much that they’ll sweat when the plane heats up.
4. Georgette Klinger Lavender Face Mist ($9): Air travel is notoriously dehydrating and terrible for skin, but this calming lavender mist will combat the dry-out factor and help mask any unpleasant plane odors too.
5. Milk Makeup B.O.S.S. Skincare Set ($49): This travel-friendly glow-up system comes in the cutest orange bag and promises to tone, brighten, hydrate and de-puff — meaning it does pretty much what every weary traveler wants.
6. Slip Pure Silk Sleep Mask ($50): Getting beauty sleep can be near-impossible on a flight, but economy class will quickly feel like first class after your friend slips on this silky eye mask. Add some noise-canceling headphones, and they might achieve the seemingly unachievable: in-flight peace and quiet.
7. Coby LCD Luggage Scale ($9): This little scale takes the guesswork out of packing and lets travelers know if they’ve met an airline’s baggage requirements before they even leave the house, helping to avoid added fees. And saving money on travel? Let’s face it — that’s the ultimate gift.
8. Trtl Travel Pillow ($26): It may look a little weird, but this lightweight pillow was built for sleeping upright or against a window. It ingeniously hugs the neck while also providing a firm spot to rest wobbling heads.
9. Moji Mini Pro Massager ($30): Massage is a great way to increase circulation and combat deep vein thrombosis, which can be a dangerous risk for long-distance fliers. This teeny massager will help get blood flowing and soothe aches and pains from long-haul flights.
10. Zoppen Multi-Purpose RFID Blocking Travel Wallet ($15): This wallet holds everything: Passport, boarding pass, ID, credit cards, cash, and even a cell phone while also blocking radio-frequency identification (RFID), which uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags attached to objects. In other words, this wallet not only keeps belongings organized but will also keep your friend’s identity safe while abroad.
11. JOOMFEEN Worldwide Travel Adapter ($13): Don’t let your pal fret about which country requires what kind of adapter to charge all her devices. This all-in-one adapter covers over 150 countries and can charge up to three devices (via one power socket and two USB ports) at once.
Do you have any recommendations for travel-worthy gifts? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.