10 Cheesy Gifts for Anyone Who Loves Rom-Coms
Who doesn’t love a good romantic comedy? From the days of Nora Ephron classics like When Harry Met Sally to the fresh new releases like Crazy Rich Asians and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, there’s something about rom-coms that makes us all want to grab a glass of wine, slip into our comfiest outfits, and tune in for some cheesy on-screen professions of love. Sure, the Hugh Grants, Patrick Swayzes, and Henry Goldings of the world may be figments of screenwriters’ imaginations, but we can all still dream. Here are 10 of the most ideal gifts for romantics who love indulging in their favorite movie obsession.
1. A Pleasant Peninsula Co. You’ve Got Mail Mug ($16): Perhaps it was Nora Ephron’s turn-of-the-millennium classic that first made us all start to seriously wonder about meeting someone over the internet. And this particular line, spoken by Tom Hanks in the movie, is one that every rom-com fanatic can quote by heart (regardless of whether it’s really their coffee order).
2. Teesaurus RomCom Heart Tote Bag ($24): This sleek and minimal tote bag is perfect for tucking away a collection of Jane Austen novels. Who knows, maybe a kindred spirit will notice, and it’ll lead to its own meet-cute.
3. Fred Cheesy Love Songs Serving Board ($20): Bust out this quirky “cassette tape” board at your next movie night. After all, rom-com marathons are way better with plenty of wine and cheese.
4. I’ll Have What She’s Having by Erin Carlson ($27): Any fanatic knows that Nora Ephron was the queen of rom-coms — and for good reason. This informative and entertaining book explores Ephron’s career and how she revived the genre in the ’80s and ’90s.
5. The Silver Spider To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Pin Set ($10+): Admit it: You’ve been a massive Peter Kavinsky fan ever since this Netflix Original movie came out. Celebrate the unique and funny film by pinning these on your jean jackets.
6. Bear House Vinyl Romantic Movie Quotes Wall Decal ($32+): Can’t decide on your favorite rom-com? You don’t have to! This vinyl wall decal pulls together a collection of the best quotes from rom-com movie history, so you can relive those romantic moments whenever you see it.
7. Meet Cute by Jennifer L. Armentrout ($13): Ah, the meet-cute. No rom-com is complete without a good “how they first met” story, and this anthology celebrates the familiar trope with a collection of stories by famous authors, including Sara Shepard (Pretty Little Liars), Nicola Yoon (Everything, Everything), Kass Morgan (The 100), and Julie Murphy (Dumplin’).
8. Coffee Girl Threads When Harry Met Sally Stitch ($30): There are lots of excellent moments in When Harry Met Sally, including this well-loved quote that eloquently sums up that feeling you get when you’ve found “the one.” (Or at least when you’ve found the best produce.)
9. Bua Sri Shop “My Life” Shirt ($16): Even a rom-com lover knows that their favorite movie is probably a little too far-fetched for real life. But that doesn’t mean they can’t live a rom-com lifestyle — without quite the same parade of meet-cutes, witty dialogue, and grand gestures of love.
10. Fox & Fogo Dirty Dancing Socks ($14): Simply don these colorful novelty socks and dance the night away. It’s what Baby and Johnny would do — after all, nobody puts these socks in a corner.
Tweet us your suggestions for rom-com-worthy gifts @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.