This Is the Most Affordable Celeb Trend to Shop Right Now
Even before Coachella street style took over our Insta feeds, celebrities were rocking chokers as the newest “it” accessory. Taylor Swift even went so far as to say it’s the new flower crown when she posted a pic of her and her posse rocking them at the music festival. While that’s unconfirmed, it’s pretty obvious that everyone from the Kardashian clan to former Disney stars love this simple and affordable outfit update.
Reminiscent of one of our fave 90s staple, these updated chokers have an edgier look.
Gigi Hadid and Shay Mitchell have both shown two of the celeb-preferred options: one choker in a simple solid and one metal. Here are six of our choker picks to glam up your next getup.
1. Ettika Fully Lucid Braided Crystal Choker ($48): Go for it like Gigi and add this to an all-black ensemble for some extra oomph. If you look closely, there are some tiny pearls in between the crystals, making for a surprisingly ladylike addition.
2. AdinasJewels Black Leather Choker With Starburst ($65): Complete your music festival look with this choker, or keep it simple and sleek with just jeans, a tee and some kicks. The color and fabric will carry you into fall, making this a great value.
3. Higher Ground Jewelry Double Suede Choker ($10): Sometimes, simple is better. A really easy wrap choker like this is secured by a chain, so that it doesn’t come undone from your neck while you’re out be-bopping around town (figuratively or literally).
4. Refined Classic Tattoo Choker Gold Leaf Chain ($14): So this one pretty much nails it — it’s almost identical to what Shay’s wearing. And with a totally sweet price tag, you might want to stock up on multiple or hand them out to your squad.
5. BaubleBar Phoebe Choker Necklace ($38): Totally getting middle school vibes in the best way possible with this accordion-looking choker. It’s a great special occasion piece as well. We can totally see it jazzing up a plain LBD.
6. Urban Outfitters Day and Night Thin Choker ($24): Hello, pretty. This modern choker could be great for a work outfit too. Always a bonus when you can work a street-style trend into your everyday outfit, amirite?
Have you DIY-ed your own choker? Tag us on Instagram with #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.