8 Gilmore Girls-Approved Fashion Items That Are So RN
Not a day goes by that we don’t feverishly check our Insta feed for more behind-the-scenes snaps, cast reunions and plot spoilers from our beloved Gilmore Girls. As you know, after a long hiatus, Lorelai, Rory, Sookie and company will be making their return to your TV (or computer) screen with the launch of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life this holiday season. While we don’t know what became of Rory or if Luke and Lorelai are still together (please PLEASE be together), what we do know is that prepping for this binge-a-thon in the making has brought out our inner fangirl. From Gilmore Girls viewing parties to Gilmore-approved food, we are READY to return to Stars Hollow. Though we’ve missed almost everything about this show, one supporting character that had a special place in our hearts was definitely the quirky, girly, small-town style that had us running to Anthropologie every week. These girls were serious style mavens. So if you’re jonesing for a dose of Stars Hollow style, scroll down for a few of their most iconic contributions to your wardrobe.
Diane von Furstenberg-style wrap dresses are the ultimate staple for a desk-to-dinner wardrobe, and Lorelai practically lived in printed ones throughout seasons six and seven of Gilmore Girls.
1. Anne Klein Printed Faux-Wrap Dress ($99): Wrap dresses are so easy to wear. Throw on a short necklace like Lorelai did or add a choker, block heels and a top-handle bag to bring the look into the now. A perfect look for days spent at The Dragonfly.
2. ASOS Wrap Maxi Dress in Jersey Crepe ($62): While Lorelai was gaga for prints, keep your cool in this fuchsia dress and let the bold color do the talking. Bonus points for adding floral heels and a box clutch.
RED MOTHER-DAUGHTER SUITS
There were a lot of mother-daughter outfits on Gilmore Girls (some more memorable than others), but the matching red suits Lorelai and Emily wore for the fundraising fashion show are among our faves. Maybe that was because they were finally getting along… sigh.
3. Banana Republic Sleeveless Tux Dress ($178): This updated version of an Emily Gilmore staple screams girlboss in training. With this one-and-done tailored look, you can be hella polished with minimal effort.
4. Lulus Totally Boss Cropped Red Blazer ($49): Emily was always dressed to the nines, while Lorelai definitely embraced the lazygirl attitude when it came to style. Get the best of both worlds with this blazer that is structured minus the stuffiness. This stunner works just as well with a wrap dress as it does with a graphic tee.
How to Speak Gilmore: Life's short. Talk fast. pic.twitter.com/BXjjFcUqRC
— Gilmore Girls (@GilmoreGirls) July 1, 2016
Lorelai and Rory practically lived in graphic tees while kickin’ it in Stars Hollow. And who can blame them? They offered up just enough style while also being comfortable for whatever hijinks the town had up its sleeve.
5. From Phoeni With Love Grey No Coffee No Workee T-Shirt ($30): This shirt blends two Gilmore Girls signatures: coffee and graphic tees. Throw on a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans and you’re ready for your first latte of the day at Luke’s.
6. MizSarie Luke’s Diner Women’s Fitted Scoop T-Shirt ($30): I mean…we HAD to include this. Luke’s Diner really should be considered one of the main characters on Gilmore Girls, since it’s in every episode. If you’re really feeling nostalgic, throw on a paisley bandana.
COOL LEATHER JACKET
Lorelai wore some pretty great outerwear throughout the Gilmore Girls series. And while we LOVED her amazing powder pink coat and her many shearling-lined denim and corduroy jackets, Lorelai also wore some next-level leather jackets when she officially became the boss-lady of her own inn.
7. BlankNYC Faux Leather Moto Jacket ($98): Black moto jackets are badass, but colored ones, like this oxblood faux leather number, give your look an instant upgrade. Make sure you wear this with some studded boots for the Lorelai stamp of approval.
8. Nasty Gal Atomic Vegan Leather Jacket ($118): We’re pretty sure Lorelai and Rory would fight over this vegan leather jacket, as they did with all of their fave closet finds. Finish off the Bad Girl look with ear cuffs, a graphic tee and some distressed jeans.
What are your fave Gilmore Girls looks? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Gilmore Girls Official Facebook Page; feature photo via Warner Bros./Getty)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.