31 Glamping Essentials for Your Next Getaway
Say buh-bye to camping, and hello to glamping — aka every fashion girl’s preferred alternative to sleeping outdoors. Whether you’re heading to the mountains, partying it up on festival grounds or treating yo’ self to an extended staycation at a swanky resort, packing for one of these upscale 21st-century getaways is sometimes easier said than done. While it’s safe to say that some variation of sleeping under the stars will occur (be it in a luxurious tent or a Tuscan-inspired villa), you also have to factor in your daily agenda. Will you be lounging on the veranda, soaking up the rays at the beach or going on day-long hikes? Or perhaps you’ll be doing all of the above! Whatever the case may be, look no further than these 31 double-duty travel style essentials (from sleek one-piece swimsuits to one-and-done maxis) that will work for every destination.
1. Vimmia Colorblock Bra ($84) + Collage Leggings ($88): Yoga lovers, unite! Create your own zen getaway with this color-block sports bra and matching set of leggings that will inspire you to hold the downward dog pose just a smidge longer.
2. Sleepy Jones Liberty Sunshine Floral Corita Shirt ($158) + Floral Paloma Shorts ($58): Just in case you get homesick (as if!), be sure to have your favorite pair of jammies on hand for your next glamping adventure. This pretty floral print set is guaranteed to add some whimsy to your morning routine.
3. Reformation Hydrangea Dress ($248): Whether you’re staying at a five-star resort complete with a winery and spa or a luxurious tent in the Venetian countryside, this is the watermelon print dress you should pack. Taking you from day to night, the cold-shoulder silhouette can be slipped on with ease alongside espadrilles and a floppy straw hat.
4. Madewell Denim Courier Shirtdress ($98): We can’t explain it, but there’s something about a tomboy-inspired denim shirt dress that just screams seasoned camper — even if you’re a newbie! For a chic touch, knot a scarf around your neck and toss on some effortless leather slides.
5. Sam Edelman Gretchen Embroidered Gladiator Sandal ($130): If your definition of glamping is hitting up Bonnaroo and then proceeding to camp out in a vintage airstream (complete with fairy lights), then these playful pom-pom embellished gladiators are totes obligatory.
6. Stone Cold Fox for Beach Riot Texture Lace Up Swimsuit Body ($259): Cramped for space in your carryall? Pack a swimsuit (or two) that can serve double duty as a bodysuit when you’re not dipping your toes in the ocean. Be sure to toss this fierce black lace-up number on along with denim cutoffs and rose gold Birks for a DDG look.
7. Onitsuko Tiger Mexico 66 ($90): Don’t be fooled — not all glamping trips take place at fancy-schmancy resorts. Channel your inner tough girl with these colorful paint-splattered sneakers that are equal parts sporty and stylish. Whether you’re going for an afternoon run, setting up camp or napping on a hammock (after an exhausting hike, that is), a sensible pair of walking tennies will always do you right.
8. Tylho Dropwaist Tank Dress ($138): If your idea of glamping is sitting pretty on a beach in the Caribbean, then this nautical cobalt striped drop waist dress is for you. Pair it with a colorful tassel necklace and a straw tote for the ultimate glam-cation spent getting caught up on all your fave beach reads.
9. The Style Club Babe Denim Baseball Hat ($32): You stylish babe, you. Combat the elements with this borrowed-from-the-boys denim baseball cap. With a form-fitting shape and a curved brim, it’ll shield you from the rays and keep you dry during rainy hikes. Major bonus: It even looks cute when lounging around in your PJs.
10. Nasty Gal Cover to Crochet Cover-Up ($88): Glamping in Bali? Life is hard. Be it an exotic honeymoon or a getaway for one in your dream destination, you might as well live it up. This goddess-inspired crochet cover-up is perfect for mornings spent on the veranda or playing tourist with the locals.
11. Story of Lola Oversized Hoodie in Sequin ($121): This oversized sequin hoodie puts the glam in glamping. Sure, it may be a bit showy, but it does get the job done. Team it with a sports bra and high-performance leggings for an athleisure look that tackles chilly mornings and evenings alike.
12. Mango Linen-Blend Bermuda Shorts ($46): Do glamping right with a pair of free-wheelin’ bermudas that allows you to kick back and enjoy your vacation in paradise (or the stunning mountainside). Between the lazy girl-approved paper bag waist and the soft linen material, you’ll have no trouble slipping into relaxation mode.
13. J.Crew Garment-Dyed Cropped Sweatpant ($70): Comfortable sweatpants are exactly what the doctor ordered for glamping in the woods. Ditch the frumpy sweats for this stylish (and so cozy) cropped pair that’ll be perfect for your daily strolls along the beach and evening campfires.
14. BDG Straw Floppy Panama Hat ($39): Sunblock: Check. Mirrored aviators: Check. Extra-floppy straw Panama hat for shameless people-watching and endless lounging: Double check. Now all that’s missing is a flirty off-the-shoulder top.
15. Nasty Gal Femme Fatality Army Jacket ($78): Rain or shine, this is the off-duty camo print jacket that you’ll be rocking from a.m. to p.m. without fail. Not only does it make you look like a boss (always a win-win), but it’ll be a savior in colder climates and rugged terrains. The oversized silhouette gives you free reign to slip this bad boy over all your tops, dresses, swimsuits — you name it.
16. Miss KG Felicity Black & White Fruit Charm Flat Sandals ($89): These whimsical ankle-strap sandals featuring watermelon charms and tassels were love at first sight. Can you blame us? Not only will they add some pep to your step, but they’ll inject major personality to your #BOTD (bikini of the day).
17. Onia Jesse Cover Up ($175): Enter the rainforest printed cover-up that also doubles as a versatile shirtdress in disguise. For convenience’s sake, you could wear this wardrobe workhorse while hanging around the lodge, getting your tan on at the beach and roasting marshmallows around the campfire.
18. Level 99 Chambray Crop Wide Legs ($118): In lieu of skinny jeans, opt for these cropped wide-leg chambray pants that will inspire you to do less. Toss ‘em on with a body suit, some “ugly” Teva sandals and a messy top knot for an undone look that’s so right.
19. Soleil Arrowhead Pareo Shawl ($88): Be quick to cover up after a spontaneous dip in the pool with this Aztec-printed tassel shawl that can be thrown on at a moment’s notice.
20. & Other Stories Layered Platform Sandals ($135): When flip-flops read meh, take your footwear game up a notch with these minimalist platform sandals that demand attention. Not only will they look ah-mazing with a barely there black bikini, but they’ll straight-up slay when worn with a neck-plunging jumpsuit.
21. Star Mela Embroidered Drawstring Across Body Bag With Tassels ($134): Don’t be a crazy bag lady! Use this embroidered drawstring bag to tote around just the essentials (think: snacks and sunscreen) for a week spent offline.
22. After Party Vintage Sicily Striped Bra Top ($32) + Striped Pants ($58): Leave the outfit coordination to this chic black and white striped matching set that will do all the styling for you. Whether you team the vintage-inspired top and wide leg pants together or wear the bottoms as a bikini cover-up, you can’t go wrong. With an effortless fedora in tow, even your off-duty attire will be fabulous.
23. Scotch & Soda Striped Hoodie ($159): This California-chic striped hoodie is bringing back all the feels. Reminiscent of our summer camp days, it not only provides a ridiculous amount of warmth (perfect for cuddling around the bonfire), but also brings the beach flair.
24. New Balance 696 Lakeview Trainer ($80): Sit back and relax? Not this adventurous girl. Gear up for a day of hiking with these retro New Balance kicks that were made for uphill trails and long distances.
25. Mara Hoffman Low Back One Piece ($212): Spread good vibes at an early morning yoga sesh a la this scenic one-piece swimsuit that calls to mind nothing but serenity. It can also be paired with a wrap skirt and metallic gladiators for an enchanting dinner under the stars.
26. Madewell Tie-Front Culotte Jumpsuit in Ikat Stripe ($150): As tempting as it may be to just don your favorite swimsuit all day errday, this tie-front ikat striped jumpsuit isn’t too shabby either. Made from a lightweight cotton-linen material, it’s breezy enough to avoid breaking out in a sweat and chic enough (with that well-placed keyhole cutout) for a night out.
27. COS Oversized Striped Dress ($125): The island gods have spoken: This is the oversized striped dress that you need in your life STAT. After soaking up the rays (and getting burned in the process), this voluminous dress will be an airy layer that you won’t mind throwing on.
28. Tobi Lolli Swim Sky Bikini Top ($100) + Boyfriend Bikini Bottom ($76): When your palm tree print bikini is this cute, you’d be crazy not to flaunt it. The racerback top could also work for yoga hour or be paired with white shorts for a pampering sesh with the girls.
29. Reformation Tate Pant ($178): Repeat after us: These flowy black tassel pants are what sartorial dreams are made of. Functional and stylish, they can be teamed with an off-the-shoulder bikini top during the daytime, then dressed up with a denim jacket and mules for dinner al fresco.
30. Scotch & Soda Safari Backpack ($159): Be it a strenuous hike, a night spent camping in the woods or a tropical safari, we’re looking for any excuse to invest in this utilitarian backpack. Decked out with cool patches, pins and pom-pom charms, it’s a must-have in any thrill-seeker’s capsule wardrobe.
31. Future Eyes Kaleidoscope Sunglasses ($48): Don’t leave home without these rad kaleidoscopic sunnies that will take you from glamping to a music festival like that. Sign us up, please.
What are your favorite glamping essentials? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.