The 25 Most Gorgeous “Glamping” Locations Around the World
Not totally sure what glamping is? Don’t take it from the Real Housewives: OC, we got you covered. Glamping, aka “glamorous camping,” is the great outdoors minus the inconveniences (ie the lack of bathroom) + a few more amenities (ie HOT TUB). From Santa Barbara to Fiji, here are 27 of the best glamping locales the world over. Can’t get away this summer? Build your own glamping tent and host a bonfire party under the stars in your own backyard!
1. Pampered Wilderness (starting at $145): Located inside Millersylvania State Park in Washington state, Pampered Wilderness is surrounded by hiking trails, a deep lake and a local winery. Although, the tent looks so cozy you might not want to leave.
2. Gotland Glamping (starting at $45): Each of the large, stylish bell tents at this glampsite is individually decorated, and there are hammocks and firepits nearby. Already packing your bags? The hideaway is on the Swedish island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea.
3. Urban Airstream (starting at $199): For the vacationer who wants the charm of camping within the city’s hustle and bustle, camp in a vintage airstream with your own patio, grill and Adirondack chairs. Then, pop into downtown Santa Barbara to see the sights.
4. La Jaima Eco-Tents (starting at $79): The maker of this bedouin tent, right on the beach in Spain’s Costa Blanca, also designed the tent-lodges for King Mohammed VI of Morocco. It’s an unspoiled (solar power-run!) refuge in the middle of the touristy Mediterranean Coast.
5. Clayoquot Wilderness Resort (three nights starting at $4,750): The perfect location for the more adventurous — enjoy activities like bear watching and zip lining by day, then relax in your elegant tent with Cascadian haute cuisine by night.
6. Greystoke Mahale (starting at $679): Stay in a wood and thatch roofed hut and enjoy the natural wonder of the Mahale Mountains rising off the beach of Lake Tanganyika in Tanzania. The resort hosts a nightly cocktail hour to enjoy the sunset.
7. Maui Retreat (starting at $220): This bamboo temple is the first permitted bamboo structure in the United States. On top of a gorgeous and romantic bedroom, it has a full en-suite kitchen and private outdoor shower.
8. Whitepod (starting at $320): Glamp in a geodesic pod with breathtaking views of the Swiss Alps, and enjoy two on-site restaurants, a spa and activities like dog karting. Yep, it’s exactly what it sounds like.
9. Caribbean Eco-Tents (starting at $126): You get all of the amenities and fun of a five-star Caribbean resort and the serenity of your own treehouse in the middle of a national park on the U.S. Virgin Island of St. John. This will be our next destination wedding site.
10. Dunton River Camp (starting at $1,200): Just across the mountain from Telluride, Dunton is a romantic ghost town with a holistic spa, private yoga lessons and its own winery.
11. Turkish Safari Tents (starting at $255): These luxurious tents, perched between the Baba Mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, each have a private veranda, hammock, hot tub, mini bar and air conditioning. And we haven’t even started on the food, activities or charming local towns.
12. Longitude 131 (starting at $1,100): Stay in a luxury lodge in the Australian Outback on the edge of UNESCO World Heritage listed wilderness Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
13. Kenai Camping Cabins (starting at $516): This tranquil property is nestled alongside a wildlife refuge in Alaska and accessible only by boat.
14. Shelter Co. (starting at $750): Have your own destination in mind? Shelter Co. is a “pop-up” lodging service that rents fully furnished tents for the U.S. destination of your choice.
15. EcoCamp (four days start at $1,471): Stay in Patagonia’s first fully sustainable accommodation, a cozy geodesic dome, and take advantage of safari tours, adventure sports and yoga.
16. Oceanfront Tent Retreat (starting at $450): This Fijian retreat sits between a rainforest and a coral reef and features extensive dining options, including room service.
17. Le Grand Bois (starting at $82): Glamp in the southern Rhone region of France, famous for its wines. Choose between a luxury tent (with a canopy bed!) and a cabin-apartment.
18. Rockwater Secret Cove (starting at $236): We had no idea there were so many ways to live in a treehouse. Here’s another beautiful example in British Columbia that promises an uninterrupted view of the Pacific Ocean from each tent-house.
19. Glamping Sandat (starting at $190): Stay in a tent or a Balinese lumbung in Bali’s first glampground, which fully embraces the green philosophies of ecotourism.
20. Paws Up (starting at $450): On the banks of Elk Creek in Montana, sleep under the stars and call your private butler to fluff your pillows. We’re not even joking.
21. Treehotel (starting at $500): No this isn’t an optical illusion. Or, well, it is, but it’s also a treehouse. Each room is unique, designed by Scandinavia’s top architects and nestled into the forests of Sweden.
22. Glacier Under Canvas (starting at $95): Stay in a safari tent or tipi minutes from Glacier, Yellowstone or Arches National Parks.
23. And Beyond Chobe Under Canvas (starting at $435): Glamp in a luxurious safari tent on the edge of Chobe National Park in Botswana, one of the top wildlife reserves in the world. We’re all about camping with some elephants.
24. Hintok River Camp (starting at $180): Live out your “Bridge on the River Kwai” fantasies… or don’t. Just enjoy this naturally luxurious site, perfect for nature lovers and history buffs.
25. Fireside Resort (starting $375): Get the best of all vacation worlds in Jackson Hole. Enjoy a bonfire and sleep under the stars… in a king-sized bed with a butler. Yes, another butler.
Have you had your own glamp-tastic getaway? Know a fabulous locale we missed? Sound off below!