39 Colorful Glitter DIYs to Add Sparkle to Your Life
In our dictionary, glitterize is as much a word as accessorize. Glitter is appropriate no matter what the occasion, and your life needs it at all times. We’ve dug up 39 bedazzled DIYs from glittering glassware to gorgeous wall art. Let the tornado of glittering begin.
3. DIY Glittered Heart Bunting: This super-simple bunting proves that decorating with a little sparkle doesn’t have to be difficult or messy. Just grab paper that’s already putting on the glitz, and half the work is already done for you. (via The Shabby Creek Cottage)
4. Metallic Glitter Heart Pillow: Give your pillows some serious personality with a bit of sparkle. In this DIY, the glitter is sealed with Mod Podge to prevent unwanted sparkle shedding. (via High on DIY)
5. Vintage Postcard Art: The days of handmade cards aren’t gone, but they’re definitely evolving. Show someone how much you care with a piece of vintage art, glitterized and personalized by Y-O-U. (via Moonfrye)
9. Glitter Bottle DIY: These glittered bottles are so beautiful we can’t stop looking at them. Dare to get creative with the gradient look. (Your workspace will be a mess but that’s half the fun!) (via Camp Makery)
10. DIY Silhouette Clipboard: Clipboards have a reputation for being boring. These pads are generally carried by task-driven professionals with productive goals in mind. But we say a bit of beauty inspires productivity. So beautify that board. You’ll feel doubly inspired to get on task. ;) (via The Graphics Fairy)
12. Glitter Keys: This DIY features two things very dear to our hearts: glitter and organization. You’ll never fumble to find just the right key again when it’s glitter-coated with your favorite color. (A Cup of Mai)
14. Upcycled Glitter Storage Boxes: You know those little plastic boxes that house thumb tacks or safety pins? Upcycle them into these stunning jewel boxes for an instant stylish storage solution. (via Madigan Made)
16. DIY Gold Glitter Polka Dot Sweater: Just when last year’s sweater is looking so last year… we discover a fun tutorial to bring it back to life. You won’t recognize your own sweater when it’s dressed up in these dreamy dots! (via Home Heart Craft)
19. DIY Glittered High Heels: Add some sparkle to your step! You can DIY your own shoes for your wedding day or upcycle a thrifted pair… because who needs a special reason to sparkle? (via Something Turquoise)
28. DIY Falling Leaves Garland: Don’t mind us, we’re currently swooning over all things fall — pumpkin lattes, football, sweater weather… and, of course, this gorgeous glittered leaves garland. (via 6th Street Design School)
39. Metallic Collar DIY: It’s a bold move, but for every serious glitter girl, having a sparkly piece in your wardrobe is not optional. With this tutorial you can avoid the boutique prices and DIY a sparkly piece of your own. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite way to add a little sparkle to your life? Share your glittery faves in the comments!