How to Get All the Craziest Buys from Goop’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide for $28K Less
Whenever we’re treated to a new Goop gift guide, we’re equal parts excited and scared. The majority of products curated by Gwyneth Paltrow’s brand are usually not just slightly out of our price range, but almost laughably so — for example, that $90,000 trip to space she included in Goop’s holiday gift guide. With Mother’s Day just around the corner, Goop has released a new guide full of suggestions as to what to gift Mom. Here are the most outrageous items found on those three lists + how you can hack them into something you can *actually* afford to send to mother dearest.
1. Hoorsenbuhs White Diamond & Yellow Gold Monogram ID Bracelet ($10,500): A piece of engraved jewelry is pretty much a guaranteed hit. Save yourself a cool $10K by forgetting this diamond option and turning Mom’s present into a DIY activity you can both try together with this metal stamping kit ($20).
2. Burberry Westminster Trench Coat ($1,795): We’ve all dreamed of owning a Burberry coat, but if you’re working with a standard 20-something’s budget, it’s easy to replicate this classic wardrobe favorite for something a little (okay, a lot) cheaper. This similar Miss Selfridge Belted Trench Coat ($108) should do the trick.
3. Stubbs & Wootton Diamond Monogram Slipper ($650): Has Mom always listed Hugh Hefner as her ultimate style icon? If so, some monogrammed smoking slippers are kind of a must. This Stubbs & Wootton pair is a classic, but you can easily recreate the same feel with this quick DIY from Earnest Home Co.
4. NLST Harem Pant ($295): Forget diamonds — sweatpants are a girl’s best friend. That being said, we’re still not willing to drop $300 on a pair. If you want to gift your mom something comfy but a little more formal that this NLST pair, try the athleisure label Lou & Grey’s Softstretch Linen Pants ($70).
5. Tabula Rasa Isoline Travel Set ($495): Because your cosmetic bag shouldn’t be as expensive as your plane ticket, amiright? Save some cash without sacrificing style by swapping for the Target Contents Tulip Tastic Valet ($25).
6. Leica +Hermés Ultravid Binoculars ($10,100): If Mom is into trying new things, grab her all the necessities for birdwatching. We’re going to say you can probably skip the $10K pair and opt for these cool Eoncore 2″ LCD Display Digital Camera Binoculars ($130) that will let Mom record what she discovers.
7. Beyoncé Concert Tickets (Price Varies): Gwyneth thinks it’d be super fun for you and Mom to check out Beyoncé’s concert together in Chicago. And damn, it totally would be — except that on the date she recommends, the only two seats left together are going for $350… each. Instead DL the app Bandsintown to see what other bands are playing near you that you and mom can check out. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
8. Stella McCartney iPhone Case ($145): We love a little bit of bling, but not enough to drop $145 on a phone case. For this one, we say trade those giant gems for some gold glitter, grab the Mod Podge and get DIYing. Use this tutorial from Design Sponge as your guide.
9. Walters Faith Diamond Necklace ($3,250): If Mom already has an engraved bracelet, treat her to a personalized necklace to complete the collection. For a similar look to this diamond necklace by Walters Faith, try this Nashelle “Mini Initial” 4k-Gold Fill Bar Necklace ($60).
10. Louis Vuitton Passport Case ($480): If your mom is less of a lady who lunches and more of a lady who isn’t afraid to get silly, skip the über sophisticated LV case and opt for this ultra fun Ban.do Getaway Passport Holder ($24).
What are you sending to mom this year? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.