Rawr! It seems that wild animal-inspired graphic button downs are all the rage these days, so we had to give this trend a try. And what better way to try out a new trend than by going on a full on safari? We took this $18 Forever 21 Safari shirt and styled it up 5 different ways, proving you don’t have to be on safari to rock graphic animal patterns.
And, because it’s so tough to pick just one, we’ve also rounded up 10 more graphic button downs for you to check out.
Our first look is all about business. Who says you can’t rock animal print at the office? Tuck into a high waisted skirt and top with a chunky statement necklace. The top knot is perfect for that smokin’ librarian look ;)
Next up, how can we resist festival attire? The fringed ankle booties will protect your paws from muddy fields and rowdy concert-goers, and the pop of color that peeks through the top is the perfect subtle statement.
For fall, we layer an earthy cardigan over our printed button down. Layer that over shorts with slouchy boots and you’ve got your new autumn uniform. Throw tights on for those particularly brisk days.
This one’s the jam for fashionistas. Wear a neon bralette underneath your shirt to jazz things up, and pair with leggings and strappy sandals. Top everything off with a vintage bolo tie and you’re good to go.
Last, the urban boho look. The military vest brings out the safari-ness in the shirt, and the sort of tie-dye jeggings (yes, jeans that are also leggings) keep you in camo mode.
Now, here are 10 shirts that speak to us on the graphic button down front.
1. Animal Print Blouse ($187): Big cats seem to be the star of these graphic button downs, which doesn’t surprise us. With coats of gorgeous stripes – like on these teal tigers – they make the perfect adornment.
2. Willa Pocket Top ($253): We love this quirky way to work zebra print into your wardrobe. Has a silk shirt ever been so playful?
3. Butterfly Print Roll Sleeve Shirt ($68): Fluttering butterflies look ever so delicate on this orange roll sleeve blouse. Keep the collar open for a fun and flirty look.
4. Hatched Horses ($118): The pattern-free shoulder line corrals this blouse from being too intense. All in all this stylish stampede of horses is super chic.
5. Cheetah Print Denim Trim Top ($25): Denim trim adds a casual vibe to this semi-sheer blouse. The small, stealthy cheetahs add just enough pop.
6. Ganni Shirt in Palm Print ($122): We’re all about the blush and olive palette of this leafy blouse. This print would look amazing peeking out from a boxy white blazer.
7. Pointed Collar Blouse ($193): This elephant blouse might be our favorite of the bunch. The playful circus-inspired print coupled with a sailor neckline is too cute.
8. Blouse in Tiger Print ($61): Here me roar: this blouse is nothing less than fierce! Be the leader of the pack when you wear this shirt out about town.
9. Standout Glasses Shirt ($23): If you don’t feel like rocking wildlife on your top, why not try this totally rad glasses print? It would look great with colored jeans or a bright statement necklace.
10. Slim Signature Print Blouse ($249): Oh la la! The magic of a night in Paris comes to life on this blue blouse. Tiny stars dance around mini Eiffel Towers to make a truly artistic print.
Which look is your favorite? And would you buy any of the tops we found? Talk to us in the comments below.