Millennial pink, we’ll be sad to see you go, but we’ve found a new hue to spice up our summer wardrobe. Step aside Gen-Z yellow (and millennial orange, for that matter) — lime is here to swoop in and steal the spotlight. Described by Man Repeller as a “variation of green that shuffles somewhere between acid and lime,” the polarizing hue is just getting started with early adopters like Reese Blutstein ‘gramming their latest lewks. Coincidence? We think not. (EvenQueen Elizabeth II tried it out in a neon-bright Stewart Parvin coat and Rachel Trevor hat during a recent engagement.) Should you fully commit to a head-to-toe Gumby green ensemble or opt for just a pinch of the buzzy color, scroll through to see how these 16 Instababes are going green.
1. Green With Envy: This blogger babe’s all-green-err’thang aesthetic is inspiring us to dress (err, color) outside the lines this summer.
2. Flouncy Summatime Ruffles: What heat index?! Color enthusiast Monling Lee slays the #OOTD game with her flouncy fluorescent green co-ord and futuristic sunnies.
3. Business Green:The styling here — a Maryam Nassir Zadeh gingham mini layered over an iridescent blouse — is sheer delight if we do say so ourselves.
4. Minty Fresh: It was mint to be. Instagram sensation Reese Blutstein is the epitome of cool with her oversized mint-hued sweater and spearmint skirt.
5. Punchy Floral: Work hard, play harder, ‘cuz it’s G&T o’clock somewhere. This summer-approved floral set (pajama-esque dressing FTW!) will have you channeling sunshine at first outing.
6. Epic Color-Blocking: A true classic — like Kelly Green — will never steer you wrong, especially when juxtaposed with equally sunny hues.
7. Go Monochrome: There’s nothing more compelling than a green-on-green — pistachio on lime — coordinated ensemble, amirite? This Instababe’s kicky white ankle boots may be the real style MVP.
8. Pastel Perfection: When in Rome, a vintage sun-drenched green suit will more than suffice for an afternoon spent playing tourist, give or take some white high-top kicks and a stylin’ AF sidekick.
9. Unintentional Matching: We can’t decide what we love more: the clear PVC wedges or her springy green bodycon dress and slouchy carryall.
10. Green Accents: Hey, Leandra Medine, hey. We see you and your sprightly green A-line mini — banana yellow flats front and center (natch).
11. Head-to-Toe (Almost) Green: For biking in style, why not embrace 50 shades of green for a traffic-stopping look?
12. Green and Denim: Jane Aldridge’s cropped ’60s-era Kermit green jacket has officially stolen our hearts.
13. Green Goddess: Why yes, that IS a praying mantis green pantsuit. Werk.
14. Garden Party Floral: Fancy outings, like the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, 100 percent call for the color du jour of the moment. Peep Blair Eadie in the enchanting sequin embellished maxi (hot pink belt unfortunately not included) of our dreams.
15. Summer Suiting: Somewhere between mint choco chip green and seafoam, you’ll find pixie green. Level up with a menswear-inspired suit in the aforementioned hue for chill vibes all summer long.
16. Zany Stripes: If you’re not rocking electric green stripes (and big flamenco girl skirts), then are you honestly living your best life? Not if Tamu McPherson, the queen of print-mixing and quirky brights, has anything to say about it.
Will you be embracing the color green in your summer wardrobe? Follow us on Pinterest for more styling advice!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.