Amidst a sea of rising social media influencers and Instababes, fraternal twins Reese and Molly Blutstein definitely stand out in a crowd. You might’ve caught a glimpse of them making their NYFW debut walking in Collina Strada’s Fall 2018 show, or perhaps you know them for their subversive normcore style. Authenticity and a penchant for mixing thrifted fashion with the bag (or shoe) du jour have officially put these Atlanta natives on our radar. Scroll on for the 411 on the Blutstein sisters and why you need to follow them and their exceptional doppelgänger style STAT.
1. They’re the same… but different. Don’t ask us to tell ’em apart, but trust that Reese and Molly have developed their own individual quirks and style sensibilities. It’s their own unique spin — a feminine-masculine mash-up — that keeps the 21-year-olds from being matchy-matchy. (Photo via @chloehorseman)
2. They’ve got the normcore look down pat. Don’t be mistaken — normcore does not mean bland. The sisters’ affinity for casual sporty separates has come to define their trademark style. Elevated accessories, like a striking emerald green purse and retro hoops, serve as the icing on the cake.
3. They’ve walked in NYFW. Our favorite “flower girls” were plucked to model in Collina Strada’s mock wedding-themed presentation this past fashion week cycle. Yellow is SO their color. (Photo via @hawkclaw)
4. It’s double the fashion. Two is always better than one. From their freckled skin to their signature auburn bobs, the Blutstein sisters serve up double the street style inspo on any given outing.
5. They’re purveyors of the “no-makeup makeup” look. They’ve got that natural no-makeup glow — give or take a subtle highlighter on the cheeks — that looks effortless but, as we all know, can take a lot of work to achieve.
6. They excel at minimalism. Less is so much more, according to the unstoppable Blutstein duo. That and everyday comfort (we see you, flowy black trousers), as evidenced by their all-neutral-err’thang aesthetic.
7. Their accidental coordination is #goals. Great minds think alike. The petite sisters are shown here having a mustard moment — Reese with her belted Pixie Market trousers, and Molly in a slinky Reformation slip dress. (Photo via @adamelramly)
8. They look as though they were plucked out of the ’70s. The Blutsteins have credited their grandmother’s fashion sense as the inspiration behind many of their looks. As Reese’s Insta bio reads, “Making the most out of the clothes I have since 1996.” ‘Nuff said. (Photo via @j2martinez)
9. They complete each other (literally). Watch out, Mary Kate and Ashley! When these two join forces, they’re practically unstoppable — right down to a coordinating color palette, natch. Who needs the latest Gucci swag when you’ve got a stylin’ sis to keep you company?
10. They don’t try too hard. Don’t you dare call them “style influencers.” Reese and Molly’s approachability stems from their natural confidence and ability to own every. Single. Lewk. Calvins included. (Photo via @jennifer__grimm)
11. They wear all the latest It-girl brands. When you’ve accumulated 177K followers and counting (as per Reese’s Instagram account), keeping tabs on the latest crop of cool girl-approved labels and designers — Trademark, Ganni, and Staud, just to name a few — becomes part of the job description. (Photo via @jennifer__grimm)
12. They give athleisure their own spin. At the forefront of the athleisure/athluxury movement, you’ll find these mega babes outfitted in streamlined track pants, bright trophy sweatshirts, and worn-in trainers. Throw in some retro sunnies and a top-handle bag for an element of put-togetherness that brings to mind anything but the gym.
What’s your favorite Blutstein style moment? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via JP Yim/Getty)