12 Gifts for the Hand-Lettering Lovers Among Us
Handwriting was starting to feel like a lost art, but today hand-lettered everything is making a major comeback. Now you can find beautifully scripted wall art, gifts, and unexpected DIYs that showcase the very best of calligraphy. So what do you get the girl who’s got an ink blotter and quill on her desk and practices her fancy letters in her downtime? We’ve got some ideas. Scroll on for our picks!
1. Icey Designs 2018 Planner ($15+): Help her keep track of all her goals and brunch dates with this sweet planner.
2. Lemon Thistle Modern Hand Lettered Coffee Mug ($21): Great message, even better script.
3. Grace Personalized Custom Name Ring ($35): The elegant cursive is feminine and simple, which makes this ring an ideal gift for someone obsessed with lines.
4. Angelique Ink Calligraphy Starter Kit ($70): Maybe your friend hasn’t actually started creating her own works of letter art but wants to give it a whirl. Grab this kit and set her on the path.
5. Fall for Design Personalized Return Address Stamp ($27+): Who doesn’t want a pretty return address stamp?
6. DIY Lettered Plates: These are super easy to whip up, and you can easily customize them to say just about whatever you want. The question is, will you be making some for yourself too? (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
7. Brine Hound Hand Lettered Ernest Hemingway Tea Towel ($12): It’s only fitting that a great quote be written with dramatic flourish.
8. MG Fancy Font Custom Cutting Board ($45): This personalized accessory can be used or displayed. Win-win.
9. JS Letter Co. Love Lives Here Doormat ($41): Start the good vibes at your front door with this mantra. Buy this beautifully made version, or see what you can DIY with a little time and effort.
10. Newly Scripted Calligraphy Globe ($119): Stoke their wanderlust with this rosy globe.
11. Chalkboard Slate Coasters: If your girl enjoys uncorking a great wine as much as she does playing with pens, give her the best of both worlds with this fun DIY. (via Personally Andrea)
12. Brit + Co Fauxligraphy: Pen Calligraphy Online Class ($29): All those swooping strokes don’t come without a little study. Help her learn to do it the easy way by gifting her with this online course.
Share your fave calligraphy gifts with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.