15 Ideas for Hanging Party Decor
Alright. You got your food bar, you got your cocktails, you got your party favors and you got your… WAIT. Did you forget to plan the party decor??? No need to panic. We gotcha covered. These must-have hanging accessories will pull that upcoming party together and, luckily, many of them can be DIYed in a flash.
2. Hanging Spools of Colorful Thread: Those spools of colorful thread in your sewing kit aren’t just for reattaching buttons or darning socks anymore. Surprise guests by turning them into hanging decorations! (via Ruffled)
5. DIY Hanging Yarn Banner: We’ve caught the yarn-craze bug (sorry we’re not sorry!), so we were thrilled to come across this awesome tutorial on how to create hanging wall art with our fave strings of fuzz. (via Makezine)
7. DIY Paint Chip Confetti Garland: Have some old paint chips hangin’ around the house from when you were trying to find that perfect shade of chartreuse for the living room? Well, string ‘em up and hang ‘em up for a quick and colorful party accessory! (via Oh Lovely Day)
11. Hanging Flowers in Mason Jars: Those gorgeous flowers growing in your garden will look absolutely spectacular in hanging blue ball mason jars. Tip: Mix it up by adding in some clear vases and using a variety of blooms. (via Wedding Chicks)
12. Pastel Cotton Ball String Lights ($11): These handmade pastel beauties will make the perfect hanging accessory for any spring party. Plus, they’ll transition wonderfully from day to night!
13. Hanging Umbrellas: Okay, so it might be bad luck to open an umbrella inside. BUT if you’re not scared of a little superstition (or you’re willing to take a chance for the good of your upcoming shindig) hang some umbrellas around the party space for a uniquely playful look. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
14. Large Handmade Tissue Paper Flowers ($20): These giant tissue flowers will add a healthy dose of whimsy and femininity to any get together. Plus, they are sooooo prettyyyyy.
Have a go-to hanging party accessory you’re willing to share with the group? Tell us about it in the comments below!