23 Ways to Seriously Rock High-Waisted Bottoms
High-waisted bottoms have gone beyond the vintage association they once had. Wear a pair of high-waisted bells with a flower crown, and you’ve turned the trend boho. Compliment your flirty peplum with high-rise trousers, and you have a getup that screams sophisticated chic. You can even rock a retro-inspired bikini while lounging around on your beautiful beach towel. No matter how you frame it, we have 23 flattering ways to rock pants, skirts and shorts that fall just above your natural waist.
1. Striped High-Waisted Shorts ($41): These sophisticated black and white striped shorts are not only flattering, but super chic and stylish. Dress them up with a loose tank and sharp blazer, or add an oversized sweater for a casual look.
2. Fitted Pencil Skirt ($198): A brightly-colored jersey skirt in a kaleidoscope print will be the star of the show that is Your Hot Outfit. The best part about this comfy pencil skirt is that you can pair it with a black or white tee and you’re good to go!
3. Floral Bikini ($68): Hey, bathing beauties — this floral number is for you. A vintage-inspired bikini with high-waisted bottoms will make you look slimmer and even more adorable than you already are. Bet you didn’t think that was possible.
4. Pompom Breezy Shorts ($54): There’s something about pom pom trim that makes us smile. That’s why we love these lightweight, draped shorts with an elastic waist and side pockets. The effortless silhouette goes great with pretty much everything.
6. Polka Dot Chiffon Skirt ($42): Every time the sun is shining, you’ll want to throw on this cute polka dot chiffon skirt. It comes in four varying dot prints, so you may want to snag yourself more than one.
7. High Rise Straight Jeans ($210): A good pair of well-fitted high-rise jeans can make or break your outfit. This perfect pair can be rolled up at the ankles for a relaxed daytime look, but the darker wash makes them posh enough to wear at night.
8. Lost in the Dots Pencil Skirt ($78): Don’t you just love when you find a skirt that you can wear to work and on the weekends? It’s the ideal length with a subtle spotty print that adds a pop of uniqueness while still remaining conservative.
9. High-Waisted Shorts ($19): The best part about these high-waisted shorts (aside from the fact that they’re under $20), is that they elongate your legs and cinch at the smallest part of the waist, making you look slim and trim. Now who doesn’t want that?
10. Embellished Floral Print Shorts ($75): It’s no secret that embellished garments are so hot right now. This trendy pink-and-gold pair looks fab on their own, but even better when coupled with the matching jacket.
11. High-Waist Side Zipper Pants ($78): Your friends will be green with envy when they see how downright awesome you look in these high-waisted skinny pants. Go ahead, make them jealous. You know you wanna.
12. Watermelon Cuff Shorts ($60): Who doesn’t want their shorts covered in sweet summer fruit? Wear these quirky watermelon-clad bottoms to guarantee a few laughs. In a good way.
13. High-Waist Brief ($72): That’s right: You can rock the high-waisted craze under your clothes, too. A sexy, full coverage pair of undies will compliment your figure and make you feel attractive, no matter what you’re wearing on top.
14. High Rise Flare Jeans ($128): Vintage-inspired fashion is always right on trend, and these bell bottoms are no exception. They add major flair to any outfit. Get it? Flair… like flare?!
15. Mix + Match Bikini Bottom ($42): Be twins with the swimming pool with this retro-inspired turquoise bikini. While we’re totally obsessing over this particular pair, these high-waisted bottoms come in six other killer prints that you can mix and match with your favorite bikini top!
16. High-Waist Skinny Jeans ($60): Be a part of the distressed denim mania that has taken over the fashion scene with this pair of ripped skinny jeans. Wear them with any blouse in your dresser and you have yourself an A+ ensemble.
17. Linen Pleated Pants ($75): Go au naturel with a pair of effortless ivory linen trousers. While they’re a flawless choice for summer day dressing, they can also be worn with a chunky sweater for a breezy night on the beach.
18. Ponte Bell Skirt ($128): A pop of green has never looked this good. This super girly bell skirt is textured and pleated, making it the main event for your undeniably smart look.
19. Cody High Rise Skinny Jeans ($138): Multiple exposed buttons give these black skinnies a seventies feel, but the tight fit makes them ultra modern. You can easily take these from desk to dinner with a makeup refresh and a little shoe switch-a-roo!
20. Octopoda Skirt ($478): Ohmygosh: skorts! Why do we not wear these every day? They are ideal for the girl-on-the-go who bikes to her high-profile job or the active gal who wants to look sweet. And this one has octopi all over it, so basically it’s a win-win-win-win-win-win-win-win.
21. Flickered Tweed Skirt ($248): If you want to dress like Marnie Michaels from Girls, this elegant skirt was made for you. The tweed texture and classic pleats make for a timeless piece that you’ll have forever.
22. Printed High Rise Skort ($78): Whether you’re attending a garden party or lounging around your room, these floral-printed high-waisted shorts are the obvious choice of attire. Did we mention they have pockets?
23. Blossom Skirt ($188): Flounce around with this totally adorable embroidered organza skirt. Jazz it up with a pair of heels and a silk blouse or keep it simple with a tee and flats.
Which is your favorite way to wear the high-waisted trend? Let us know below!