Beach Blanket Babylon: 14 Towels for Summer Sun
Just because the 4th of July is over doesn’t mean you have to start boohooing over your lack of days off. It’s almost back to being the weekend, and most of you probably took or got today off anyway! Arm yourself with one of these stylish towels for all your beach adventures and you’ll be the coolest cat on the sand – it’s a shore thing ;)
1. Pendleton Coyoacan Towel ($49): Before we get to this towel, was our “shore thing” the worst pun ever? Even if it was, how could we resist including it once we thought of it? Oh yeah, and this towel is lovely.
2. Pixelated Stripes ($8): Pixelated anything is a win at Brit + Co. Target agrees.
3. Rainbow Stripe Beach Towel ($80): More stripes! This time, the vibe is much more romantic, bohemian, and seems like it’s from a faraway land.
5. Pendleton North Star Towel ($49): It’s no secret that we love pretty much everything Pendleton churns out. In fact, I’ve been using the same Pendleton purse every day for almost 3 years, ever since I picked it up in the Grand Canyon gift shop!
6. One Hot Beach ($32): Love it. Live it.
7. Laid Back Beach Blanket ($46): This jumbo beach blanket is perfect for two, and rolls up into a handy carrying case.
8. Ombre Beach Towel ($20): I’m not sure we’ve ever done a roundup that doesn’t include something ombre, and we’re down to keep rocking it.
9. Reserved (£14.99): No seat is really taken on the beach, but you can pretend to roll VIP style with help from this cheeky towel.
10. Barry Beach Towel ($32): Another geometric pattern on the scene, this was designed by artist Barry McGee.
11. Striped Beach Towel ($14): You can always go for the straightforward nautical look.
12. Beach Blue Medallion Towel ($15): We love the bold mandala-like patterns on this aquatic number.
13. Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale ($32): Which brings us to the happy hour section of this towel roundup. Who doesn’t love a summer ale?
14. Beer O’Clock ($85): And finally, it’s beer o’clock. Get off your phone or computer and go enjoy the weekend ahead!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)