20 Eye-Catching Holiday Centerpieces to Buy + DIY
If you’re hosting a holiday dinner party this year and searching for inspiration, you’ve come to the right place! We’ll show you a slew of ways to plan your menu, make the perfect cocktail, impress (or horrify) your guests with the ugliest sweater, and even help you set a stunning table. Speaking of the table, as you know, no holiday dining situation is complete without a festive centerpiece. So we’ve gone ahead and rounded up our favorite 20—some are table ready, some require you to unleash your DIY side, but all are totally ready to turn your Christmas table into something totally wow-worthy!
3. Vintage Outdoor Lantern ($27): Add a rustic vibe to your dinner table with these romantic lantern candle holders. Birdie not included ;)
5. Sweater Wrapped Votives: Repurpose an old sweater by creating a cozy for your candles. You can always add extra cozy to mason jars if you’re serving up a hot bevy like cider or hot cocoa! (via Better Homes and Gardens)
6. Mistletoe Centerpiece ($25): We wonder what happens when you’re sitting at a table covered in mistletoe…
9. Tree-Shaped Candles: Give yourself a white Christmas with tree-shaped candles that emulate the dreamy, snow-covered landscapes of winter. It’s easy to cut these candles to shape using cookie cutters. (via Martha Stewart)
10. Copper Pipe Candelabra ($79): If you’re going for a sleek, industrial vibe, this piped candelabra will definitely do. Upgrade its holiday cheer with alternating red and green candles.
12. Evergreen Candles: Go green with your candle display by applying flat pine needles around the base of your votives or hurricanes. We love how it brings some natural texture to the table. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
13. Tall Glitter Cone Trees ($10): These towering trees are sure to add a skyline of chromatic shimmer to your dinner table. We’d definitely throw down for a colorful assortment!
14. Glittered Candle Holders: Are you into the glitz and glam of holiday entertaining? We sure are! Add extra sparkle to your table setting with these glitter dusted hurricane candles. (via Martha Stewart)
15. Succulent Wreath ($50): Holiday flora is not limited to poinsettias and pine. Try something new with this colorful succulent wreath arrangement, which mixes all the colors and scents of Christmas into one gorgeous centerpiece.
16. Floral Muffin Tin: We couldn’t resist sharing this whimsical centerpiece again. Drop your favorite holiday blooms and into a muffin tin for a totally fun, non-traditional holiday centerpiece. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
18. Modern Striped Trees: Our favorite thing about these triangular trees is that each can be customized however you want. While we love the starbursts, we’d stick with posh gold stripes to make our table extra luxe! (via HGTV)
19. Bright Mini Glitter Trees, Set of 6 ($7): These sparkly mini trees will add wow to your table without breaking the bank.
20. Tree Topper: Here’s an idea: A centerpiece that doubles as dessert? Genius! Decorate sugar cones in icing and sprinkles to look like tricked out Christmas trees and arrange on a multi-level dessert stand. (via Real Simple)
BONUS:Homemade Egg Nog: Yes, we took a cue from that last centerpiece and are now totally suggesting you make our perfect holiday cocktail the center of table attention! With the festive drink within arms reach, don’t be surprised if you’re left with an empty bowl ;) (via Brit + Co.)
How do you plan to decorate your holiday tables this year? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)