11 Surprisingly Chic Ways to Match Your Family’s Outfits for Holiday Photos
You’ve stuffed yourself with turkey and are officially in holiday mode. So now it’s time for your annual family photo. As you scout out venues, book a photog, and align everyone’s busy sched, there’s one very crucial detail you don’t want to leave out — the matching outfits, of course! Coordinating looks that allow each family member’s dynamic personality to shine through can be legit cute, and not corny. Whether you’re recreating a Hallmark-worthy winter wonderland scene or simply hoping to capture a more traditional portrait, keep scrolling for 11 #winning ways to slay this year’s seasonal photo.
1. Warm and Cozy: Catalog-perfect seasonal cheer looks a little somethin’ somethin’ like this. Gap, the purveyor of classic American style, has each family member covered with the striped or cable knit sweater of their dreams.
2. ‘Tis the Season: C’mon! How cute is this stylish mother-and-son duo suited up in their Janie and Jack holiday best? They’re all smiles in their coordinating soirée-ready plaid and seasonal fair isle.
3. Have a Very Hygge Holiday: Take it from the Scandinavians, less is so much more. Forego the holiday glitz for a set of these utterly adorable heathered oatmeal knit pullovers that look best with pared-down denim.
4. Meet You Under the Mistletoe: Too much seasonal cheer? Not unless you’re the Grinch. This Etsy retailer is already one step ahead of you with their Black Christmas-themed sweatshirts. Felt Santa hats unfortunately not included.
Brit + Co Pick: familySTa Winter Christmas Family Outfit ($26+)
5. Everyday Luxury: You’re just one soft shawl cardigan away from capturing the coziest holiday setup. Rags’ selection of stylish and functional knits (available in pretty blush and gray colorways) will have you and the kiddos channeling everyday comfort in each snap.
6. 12 Days of Christmas: Get ready to deck the halls in style with Boden’s precious hopscotch print that calls to mind poinsettias, nutcrackers, and pressies under the Christmas tree. We can’t decide which is more “Aww!”-worthy: the striped raglan tee or the totes adorbs dress?
7. The Fox Family: Rack up the likes on Insta with matching flannel and chummy fox (eek!) sweaters that may require a trip to the tree farm. Can you say most photogenic family group outing ever?
Brit + Co Picks: Hanna Andersson Fox Family Sweater in Soft Alpaca ($158) + Hanna Andersson The Fox Family Sweater in Cotton & Merino ($68) + Hanna Andersson Getting Warmer Sherpa Lined Sweater Hoodie ($86) + Hanna Andersson Flannel Lined Chinos ($50) + Hanna Andersson The Fox Family Sweater in Cotton & Merino ($62) + Hanna Andersson The Fox Family Dress in Cotton & Merino ($64) + Hanna Andersson The Fox Family Tights ($22) + Hanna Andersson Forest Plaid Flannel Shirt ($68) + Hanna Andersson Forest Plaid Flannel Skirt ($52)
8. Seasonal Tartan: Prince George and Princess Charlotte, you’ve got competition! Check out these cutie patooties outfitted in a matching tartan dress shirt and collared frock, respectively. Even teddy seems to have gotten the memo.
9. Merry in Minnetonkas: Peep dem Minnetonka fringed booties, as modeled by Sai De Silva and her stylin’ #ScoutFam. Intentionally twinning in neutrals has never looked so chic.
10. Mommy and Mini Me: Like mother, like daughter. Don’t hesitate to channel your inner glamazon with one of Unreal Fur’s textured blush pink toppers — just add white jeans and cool Adidas kicks for the ultimate street MVP-approved lewk.
Brit + Co Pick: Unreal Fur Mommy + Mini Me Blush Pink Gift Pack ($399)
11. Matching PJs to Boot: For the laid-back fam rooted in tradition, look to Roller Rabbit for your Christmas morning jammies fix. We’re partial to the snow globe print (take your pick between a PJ set or onesie). Festive striped socks certainly don’t hurt either.
Brit + Co Picks: Roller Rabbit Kids Sno Global Pajama Set ($65) + Roller Rabbit Mens Sno Global Simon PJ Pant ($85) + Roller Rabbit Sno Global Footie Pajamas ($55) + Roller Rabbit Sno Global Pajamas ($115)
Which of these matching seasonal looks is your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.