Might as Well Jumpsuit! 10 Party Dress Alternatives
If you’re like us, it may take just a little more effort to slip on that short party dress now that there’s an ever present chill in the air (sometimes, a pair of tights just won’t cut it!). So we’re showcasing some perfectly elegant alternatives to above-the-knee cocktail dresses for the holiday season, like long and luxe holiday maxis, and now party-ready jumpsuits! The all-in-one ensemble has been making a comeback in the style game lately (there are some amazingly modern options out there), and it’s safe to say we’re big fans of the trend. Here are 10 stunners to try out this holiday!
1. Asos Jumpsuit With One Shoulder and Open Back ($91): This bright red jumpsuit is a foolproof way to turn some heads at your next holiday party. We love the tailored trousers (it has pockets!) and of course, the lovely single strap.
2. Lipsy Jumpsuit With Sequin Bust ($128): We’re nuts about the daring combination of menswear-inspired pleated trousers with a flirty, sequined bustier—it really throws all style labels out the window.
3. Spectacular Sparkle Jumpsuit ($288): In this case, the name really says it all! Though we must point out the peplum detail on this insanely dazzling jumpsuit. Total perfection!
4. Solace London Cerrone Jumpsuit in Color Block ($159): This might be the most chic jumpsuit we’ve ever seen. The daring, asymmetrical collar is totally modern and the proportions—in both size and color—are just right.
5. Asos Petite Exclusive Unitard With Embellished Back ($91): Yes, we included a unitard in our party-ready jumpsuit roundup, but we’re pretty confident the reason why is apparent. The metallic sequins that adorns the elegant cut out back is nothing less than stunning.
6. Religion Sheer Panel Remains Jumpsuit ($114): If you’re looking for a less body-con option, you can always go with the other extreme: a wide-legged jumpsuit. The flowy trousers give this silky jumpsuit a slight vintage vibe while the mesh neckline keeps it looking modern.
7. Fly By Dusk Jumpsuit ($178): This lace top adds such a classic touch to this well-tailored jumpsuit. We love how delicate the neckline looks from the back.
8. Strapless Sequin Jumpsuit ($169): This might be the ultimate holiday party jumpsuit. Sure, it may read a bit “disco queen,” so rock with a high bun and red lip to keep the look high class.
9. Michael Kors Cowl Rhinestone Jumpsuit ($160): Not feeling the overall glitz? Try this option with rhinestone embellished shoulders. Since there’s already a lot of sparkle around your neckline, break out the bangles and cocktail rings to dress up this number.
10. Asos Jumpsuit With Contrast Bow Back ($100): We’re straight up obsessed with this utterly adorable jumpsuit. There’s no better time of year to rock an outfit that’s topped off with a pretty bow!
Would you rock a jumpsuit over a dress this holiday season? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)