All of the reds and greens have been out en force for long over a month now, so you might feel like you need a break from the classic holiday hues. That no doubt complicates the whole what-to-wear question for the slew of holiday parties you’ll be hitting up over the next couple weeks. Luckily there’s no shortage of ways to get into the seasonal spirit without red and green. From jewel-toned duds to sequin-studded dresses, these seven festive #OOTDs will change the way you do holiday dressing.
1. @kissmedarlingblog: Glitter-flecked pants — heck yes. From the office to your annual family get-together, shimmery trousers will make sure you shine bright all season long. (via @kissmedarlingblog)
2. @margoandme: A little black dress in a contemporary silhouette — think: cutouts and plunging necklines — is the ultimate alternative to the expected sparkly gown. Pair it with sleek, minimalist jewelry and a skinny scarf for a sophisticated, contemporary look. (via @margoandme)
3. @carriec: Opt for an unexpected shade of purple for a fresh take on the classic party getup. Festive clutches and shimmering stones will deliver just the right amount of holiday spirit. (via @carriec)
4. @juliahengel: For an on-duty look that feels ready to party, team a pair of funky patterned pants with a turtleneck top, a snowy white blazer and a swipe of berry lipstick. Glittery gold nail polish highly encouraged. (via @juliahengel)
5. @nicolettemason: The preppy girl’s answer to holiday dressing: a sparkly shirt dress and Mary Jane pumps. The not-quite green and red color combo makes the dress feel just rebellious enough. (via @nicolettemason)
6. @gold_coast_girl: With a statement top on your side, the sartorial opportunities are endless. Rock it with trousers and menswear-inspired loafers for an effortless, laid-back look or style it over a little black dress for a night out getup with a little attitude. (via @gold_coast_girl)
7. @elementsofkatie: No holiday season is complete without the appearance of a few sequins. Skip the tights and wear yours with over-the-knee boots and a clutch that will draw a few envious stares. (via @elementsofkatie)
Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.