The Best Sequin Dresses to Sparkle at Every Holiday Party
Your holiday cal is filled to the brim with work-related happy hours, family get-togethers and dance parties with your buds. In other words: tons of stuff you need party dresses for! To ensure that you don’t run out of going-out options (and so you don’t have to search for a way to style your LBD in a brand new way again), we’ve gathered our favorite sequined dresses for you to ooh and ahhh over. Needless to say, they’re total standouts because of all that sparkle, but also are actually some of the most fuss-free lazy girl frocks on the holiday circuit (no major accessorizing necessary). So whatever party you find yourself at this season, sparkle on in one of these 17 sequined dresses.
1. The Ragged Priest Cut-Out Sequin Body-Con Dress ($144): Whether it’s actually your party or you’re just arriving fashionably late, this purple body con dress with cutouts is everything. DO accessorize with a bejeweled ear cuff and some chunky stompers to inject some edge into this super-femme frock.
2. Nasty Gal Impulse Sequin Dress ($98): You’ll definitely want to call dibs on this gold rockstar-approved sequin dress — it won’t be up for grabs much longer. Team it up with mod boots and a fuzzy topper and be your own brand of go-go dancer.
3. Reformation Orion Dress ($148): You’ll slay (like Beyoncé) in this metallic maxi dress that’s fit for basically any shindig. Be a boss by styling it with dainty finger jewels, a few layered pendant necklaces and d’Orsay pumps.
4. ASOS Night Mesh Bodycon Mini Dress With Embellished Stars ($152): We can’t stop staring. This rad Starry Night-inspired dress is perfect for those festive occasions when you need to nail a major a style moment. Major bonus: The embellished neckline means you can forgo the statement necklace for a sparkly pair of stud earrings.
5. Metallic Knitted Dress by Boutique ($140): Single-degree temps? Not a problem. This slouchy lurex dress delivers comfort and luxury. For a bar-crawl hike, pair this hero piece with an anorak, ankle booties and cashmere tights.
6. BCBGeneration Sequin Contrast Mock-Neck Dress ($138): This dress is party in the front with a gleaming copper sequin panel and sleek and simple in the back. Style this bad boy up with cage heels for a work function or networking event.
7. Boohoo Boutique Kaya Fluffy Sequin Bodycon Dress ($52): Call up the glam squad: This sparkly stunner is ready to come out and play. Nothing beats a shiny, spaghetti-strap dress when you’ve got to get date-ready.
8. Zara Sequined Dress ($129): This sequined number is straight out of another era. Your S.O.’s annual work party — complete with a private venue and fancy hors d’oeuvres — calls for an equally exquisite getup. Throw in a retro topper and gold minaudière to channel your inner flapper girl.
9. Lulus Charismatic Spark Gold Sequin Maxi Dress ($84): Roll out the red carpet — this holiday gala-worthy maxi dress is a glamorous risk worth taking. Pair it with a red lip and a choker necklace and you’ll easily take home best-dressed for the night.
10. H&M Mesh Dress With Sequins ($35): A more casual meet-up with all of your pals calls for a more leisurely look. In place of head-to-toe sequins, this cool black shift dress adds quirky flair with ultra-girly embroidered appliqués.
11. Kate Spade Sequin Plaid Shift Dress ($598): This sequin plaid dress is practically made for waxing poetic at cocktail parties. For a preppy yet totally classic look, pair it with a mini satchel and some menswear-inspired loafers.
12. Topshop High Neck Sequin Dress ($115): Oh yeah, you’ve got this. When you’ve RSVP’d to multiple parties in one night (#guilty), this is the head-turning funnel-neck dress that you show up in. Slip on some strappy steppers and grab your plus-one for an evening of party-hopping.
13. Nasty Gal In the Spotlight Sequin Dress ($88): Break out the champagne glasses — this black-and-gold polka-dot sequin dress doesn’t mess around. Edge it up with a studded leather jacket, a menswear hat and some platform heels for a night out with your squad.
14. Free People Sexy in Sequins Slip ($98): When you’re short on time, this sultry, rose-pink sequin dress can be slipped on with ease. Add a body-chain necklace and velvet boyfriend blazer for a luxe after-hours look.
15. Raga Sequin Swing Dress ($249): Prim it up in this sequin swing dress that won’t cramp your style. The high-neck style makes it the perfect option for an intimate dinner or a Gatsby-themed party. Keep the free-spirited vibes going with a gold tassel necklace, faux-fur vest and ankle booties.
16. Forever 21 Plus Size Velvet Tonal Sequin Dress ($38): There’s no blending in when this mermaid-esque sequin dress is around. For max perfection, style it up with a patent clutch and midi-length wool coat to combat the elements.
17. ASOS Sequin Crop Top Skater Mini Dress ($171): Hostessing duties call for a standout party dress that will put all eyes on you. Team up this twirl-worthy, fit-and-flare silhouette with a statement-making box clutch and some pom pom-topped steppers.
Love these party outfit ideas? Follow us on Pinterest to get even more sartorial satisfaction.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!