22 Party-Approved Flats Just in Time for the Holidays
The countdown until the first holiday shindig of the season is on! As you narrow in on a rotation of dependable party frocks — and a killer statement coat to boot — there’s still one very important decision to be made: Your footwear for the eve! In lieu of your standby embellished or bow-topped pumps, flats are a mean alternative that shall not be overlooked. Besides being a comfortable, pain-free option, these 22 party-approved flats are practically made for dancin’ the night away.
1. Banana Republic Louisa Graphic Loafer ($118): Comfort is luxury, people! These majestic blue smoking slippers are the perfect complement to all of your colorful cocoon coats, turtleneck sweater dresses — you name it.
2. London Rebel Embellished Point Flat Shoes ($54): For days when you can’t even, these gold pointy flats will be a hero in disguise. Team them up with a chunky knit sweater and some leather pants for an easy #OOTD that can be styled on the fly. No statement necklace required, ‘cause these bad boys are already embellished to perfection.
3. Billy Ella Shimmered Flats ($80): Have a fit-and-flare dress, will style it up with an equally show-stopping pair of flats. These floral steppers with a glittery cap toe will straight-up stun on a number of occasions.
4. & Other Stories Suede Stud Flats ($135): Step aside, ankle booties — there’s a new fancy flat in town. These studded oxford flats with a biker ‘tude will toughen up any tweed mini or suede shift dress just like that.
5. Chiara Ferragni Flirting Flat ($286): These OMG-worthy flats are practically like a disco ball on your toes. Between the festive glitter and playful winking eye, there’s no question that you *need* these in your life.
6. Kate Spade “Willa” Skimmer Flat ($198): Thought that you were so done with plaid? Guess again. These charming plaid skimmers will give you an excuse to play dress up — even if it just means slipping on some boyfriend jeans + a silk blouse.
7. Banana Republic Arielle Kiltie Oxford ($108): These iridescent oxford flats have #girlboss written all over them. Swap out your power suit for a sequined jumpsuit that will have all eyes on you. A signature red lip is obligatory.
8. Shoes of Prey Glitter Bow Ballet Flat ($169): No LBD is complete without a swoon-inducing pair of flats. Topped with a festive bow, these sparkly pink ballerinas would look divine with a satin dress or even cropped black trousers.
9. Guilhermina Karnak T-Straps ($250): Be it a Gatsby party, a holiday dinner with the fam or NYE, these gilded flats are everything. Who knew that plain ol’ flats could be this glam?
10. Keds for Kate Spade New York Glitter Sneakers ($80): Whoever said that sparkly tennies weren’t appropriate for black tie affairs was surely mistaken. Not only will these stylish kicks light up the dance floor, but they’re also a practical option for running errands around town.
11. Topshop Sprinkle Glitter Slippers ($45): ICYMI: Sparkly is practically a neutral these days. In other words: You now have free rein to wear these glittery slippers with anything and everything your heart desires.
12. ALDO Cirelian Pewter Ballerina Flat Shoes ($90): Rock bows on your toes with these pewter beauties that will take both the boardroom and holiday party circuit by storm. Throw a sleek pencil skirt or shirt dress into the mix, and let the compliments roll in.
13. Boutique Moschino Suede Polka Dot Flats ($395): These dotted suede loafers will put you in a holidaze. Allow your inner prepster to shine by styling them with a plaid button-down and a wool mini skirt.
14. ASOS Limit Ballet Flats ($39): The next time you’re in a style rut, simply reach for these bronze rockstar steppers. Complement the cage styling with some black skinny-leg jeans for a one-and-done look.
15. Rebecca Minkoff Maddie Ankle Strap Oxfords ($245): What’s black and gold all over? All signs point to these two-tone menswear-inspired oxfords with the raddest cutouts yet. Take a sartorial risk by pairing them with velvet overalls and a pussybow blouse.
16. Zara Studded Ballerina Flats ($60): Could’ve fooled us: These studded ballet flats have major designer appeal (#Falentinos, anyone?). For a street-inspired look, slip them on alongside a ribbed mock-neck dress and a chic top knot.
17. Jenni Kayne Leopard Mule Slides ($425): First, you fell in love with Jenni Kayne’s signature d’Orsay flats, and now these leopard mule slides are about to become your jam. Easy as slip-on-and-go after a long day at work, they’ll look ah-mazing with a trapeze dress and simple stud earrings.
18. J.Crew Velvet Bow Gladiator Flats ($198): Oh, J.Crew, you shouldn’t have. A cross between your beloved pointy-toes and gladiators, these versatile bow flats are a sartorial home run. Add in your favorite fair isle sweater and a tulle skirt for a head-turning look full of holiday cheer.
19. Kate Spade Toast Flats ($228): Pop. Fizz. Clink. Make every day a celebration (aka an excuse to partake in happy hour) with these cork flats that do all the talking.
20. Della Pia Pointed Loafers ($248): Sure to lend a hint of masculinity to every party getup, these glittery loafers with a bow (!) won’t disappoint. Style ‘em up with a power suit or a pinafore dress for a formal dinner function.
21. Chiara Ferragni Emoji Slip-On Sneaker ($310): For the emoji obsessed, we’ve found your match. Brought to you by blogger-turned-designer Chiara Ferragni, these slip-on sneaks come with seven velcro emojis that can be interchanged depending upon your mood. Finish your look off with a retro bomber jacket and a sleek PVC skirt for major street cred.
22. ASOS Lapland Christmas Ballet Flats ($45): ‘Tis the season to sport glittery flats — adorned with festive red-and-green poms, no less — on the daily. Let the countdown until Christmas begin!
Which of these party flats will you be adding to your holiday outfit rotation? Let us know in the comments below!