The 5 Best Holiday Photo Apps
We’ve done our homework when it comes to photo apps, and downloaded not one, not two, but nine holiday photo apps to serve up the best five around. From hanging out with Santa at Brit + Co SF to putting Santa hats on everyone you know, here are a collection of apps that are definitely worth downloading this holiday season.
Each of these would be awesome to have on hand at all of your holiday parties, for impromptu photo shoots or to act as a digital photo booth. Who says you can’t fit an entire holiday photo booth in your pocket? ;)
1. Instant Santa (Free on iOS): First up, instantly add Santa to any photo you like. Since we’re all up in a tizzy putting the finishing touches on Brit + Co SF this week, we decided to add Santa to the scene. Just remember, he knows when you’ve been naughty and when you’ve been nice.
2. Festive Christmas Photo Booth (Free on iOS): I’m calling it. This definitely wins for best holiday photo app, especially since it’s free! Turn your friends and family members into Rudolph, Santa, or a Nutcracker. And if you get really into it, you can buy more “photo booth props” as well. The white beard, mustache, and brows on Cecelia totally look natural, don’t you think?
3. Dr. Seuss Camera Grinch ($1.99 on iOS): For avid Dr. Seuss lovers, you can grinchify just about any photo you’ve got. With 23 different card designs, you’re sure to find something to suit all the grinches on your list. We love how easy it is to use photos with plain backgrounds or busy ones. We tested it out with photos from our Wild Button Down style post, and our recent Glitzy Interchangeable Belts.
4. Santa Hats (Free on iOS): Next up, put a Santa hat on it! This app has over a dozen different Santa hats available for you to put on any of your friends. Zoom in and out to adjust size, twist to adjust angle, and you’ll have a perfectly fitting cap in no time. Thankfully, there are no Turkey Santa Hats available… yet.
5. Christmas Camera Filters (Free on iOS): Lastly, we’ve got an instant hit for Instagrammers who love the square crop. This app lets you add festive holiday borders to your photos, ranging from subtle to cartoonish. We went for the cheesy cartoon look here, and particularly love the option on the left featuring our designer Aaron starring as part of Santa’s beard.
What are your favorite photo apps? Any other holiday-themed ones we should know about? Talk to us in the comments below. Happy snapping!