The 12 Strangest Santa Hats Ever
When it comes to the holidays, you’ve gotta have the right accessories. From sparkly frocks to metallic shoes, we’re all over the holiday style department. But you know one fashion topic we’ve totally neglected? Santa hats! Leave the classic red hat with white trim and a pom pom at home, and weird out your friends and family with one of these 12 totally strange Santa hats. And if you send us a photo of you in the turkey hat, you’ll totally win something — we just don’t know what it is yet ;)
1. Light-Up Christmas Turkey Hat ($13): We know it’s poor form to show you the best hat right away, but I mean, it’s a turkey. It’s a TURKEY. Poultry-inspired headwear is totally the new black.
6. Yoda Santa ($9): Your days merry and bright may be.
8. “Wild” Red Santa Hat ($12): “Sexy” santa hats are not cool. Sorry. (Full disclosure: I totally won this exact hat at a holiday party and kind of love it… but still.)
9. Be a Santa Hat ($34): Why wear a Santa Hat when you can BE one?!
10. Wired Santa Hat ($12): I don’t know what’s more disturbing about this — the corkscrew hat or the turtleneck.
11. Santa Bunny ($20): This makes no sense. Why would the Easter Bunny dress up as Santa? It would be way too confusing to kids everywhere.
12. Holly Jolly Shots! ($10): And finally, what would a ridiculous roundup be without a way to take a shot? If you’re up for making shot glass cozies, you could also totally DIY this.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!