Holiday Sparkles Are the Unexpected Celeb Cocktail Look of the Summer
Some trends are synonymous with summer, like the picnic-esque wicker bag and preppy patterns like gingham. Others can take you by surprise a little, such as this summer’s dark horse — the flapper dress — and now, the newest addition to the didn’t-see-it-coming-list: heavy duty silver sparkles. Usually this is a trend we associate with the holiday season. You know, winter? Not exactly the light and breezy looks we expect in the middle of summertime. But as Ruby Rose and Lily Aldridge prove, it can work… if you rock it right.
Celebs from sisters Ruby and Lily Aldridge to Ruby Rose have been spotted all a-sparkle. If you want to wow at your next fancy event, try the trend through one of these pieces:
1. Forever 21 Raga Beaded Top ($42): One part Coachella, one part flapper, this beaded top would look great with white jeans or even a long black skirt.
2. Miss Selfridge Clutch ($70): Not really sure if you’re committed to the trend yet? Try it in a heavily embellished clutch, like this one.
3. Delman Metallic Embellished Flats ($228): While these are a great party shoe, they’d also dress up a weekend jeans-and-tee outfit or add a little pep in your step at the office.
4. Vince Camuto Olson Embellished Pump ($170): Have fancy event, will wear sparkly shoes. Try these at the next wedding you attend – they’ll look great with everything from pastel frocks to more formal gowns.
5. BooHoo Kate Sequined Swing Dress ($18): Sparkle can be (slightly) more subtle as well, like with the silver metallic weave throughout this dress. It’s a great transitional piece to take into fall with a layered moto jacket and tights.
6. Halston Heritage Flutter Drape Dress ($273): Attending an event where you know your ex will be? Literally stop the show with this elegant number.
7. Mango Sequined Dress ($60): This simple sequined tunic would look great not only with a pair of white kicks, but can transition into fall weather easily with a turtleneck layered under it.
8. G-List Embellished Clutch ($78): Try adding in a little glint of gold with your silver, as this bag does.
9. Christin Michaels Dress ($83): If you’re looking for a more traditional silhouette but still want to wow everyone at a party, try this silver dress with a sleek overlay.
10. ASOS Maya High Neck Dress ($114): Calling all disco queens — this one is for you! A night out on the town is made especially bright by this dress.
11. ASOS Iridescent Dress ($138): Sure, this is a great party dress, but try layering it with a pull-over sweater or blazer to get extra mileage for daytime. Yes, really!
Show us your favorite silver sparkle finds on Instagram with #iamcreative!
(Feature photo via Rick Diamond / Getty)