8 Adorable AF Choices to Help You Nail the Celeb-Approved Wicker Bag Trend
There are certain fashion trends that just scream summer year in and year out, like preppy-yet-modern gingham for your beachside BBQ, cat-eye sunglasses for poolside lounging or baseball caps for outdoor sporting events. This year though, there’s a new handbag trend emerging that fits right in with a fave summertime activity: picnics. We’re talking about the wicker basket bag trend — and celebs are leading the charge.
Recently, MK and A’s little sister Elizabeth Olsen was spotted wearing a chic wicker + yellow crossbody at the The Ninth Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. The Captain America: Civil War actress decided to style her bag with some clubmaster style sunnies and a linen short suit for ultimate prep-fection.
Another celeb who also loves the trend is Draper James founder Reese Witherspoon. Here she is carrying her own creation along with plenty of gingham to boot.
Want to get the look for yourself? Here are eight shoppable options to help you get in a white-hot summer mood:
2. Vineyard Vines Derby Bag ($168): Even though this bag is named the “Derby” (complete with a removable horseshoe charm!), you can rock this equestrian-inspired style long after polo season. Another unique feature is the snazzy pink lining, which contrasts nicely with the navy and keeps all your stuff from falling out.
3. J.McLaughlin Leona Bag ($158): This J.McLaughlin clutch is the perfect accessory for a summer black-tie wedding. You can pair this clutch with black sandals and a stark white dress for a very Audrey Hepburn-esque look.
4. Draper James Overlook Bag ($250): We can’t have a wicker bag roundup inspired partly by Reese Witherspoon without featuring Reese’s own. This classic top-handle purse is a classic shape, so you know it’ll still be stylish long after trends fade.
5. Lilly Pulitzer Bask Clutch ($118): If there’s one bag that’s worth investing in, it might be this one from iconic designer and queen of summer vacay style Lilly Pulitzer. It’s one of those bags that you’ll keep turning back to for all those steamy nights out in the summertime.
6. MICHAEL Michael Kors Gabriella Satchel ($285): This retro-inspired bag has a top handle, but is made super practical by the crossbody leather strap. The structured body is also completely reminiscent of a picnic basket, which is cute AF. Also, this bag would make a sweet camera case too!
7. Kate Spade Down the Rabbit Hole Bag ($398): Kate Spade has hit it out of the park once again with this squee-worthy Alice in Wonderland-inspired teacup bag. This bag is definitely a statement piece, — just imagine all the convos you’ll start with it.
8. Vintage Woven Wicker Bag ($46): There’s no better proof that trends are cyclical than when you go shopping at a vintage store. This classic wicker bag is super cool and features a unique side-hinged opening. You can tie a vintage scarf onto the handle to complete the look.
Show us your wicker bag outfits on Instagram with #iamcreative!
(Photo Neilson Barnard/Getty + @reesewitherspoon)