6 Ways to Make Boyfriend Jeans Look Downright Pretty
Just like you don’t need a skin-tight LBD to look sexy, a pair of tactfully styled boyfriend jeans can be just as foxy as skinny jeans. We know what you’re thinking: how can loose-fitting, menswear-inspired jeans possibly look feminine? Here’s the thing, ladies: You don’t have to sacrifice comfort to dress like a lady. There are ways to make baggy pants look ultra-chic. We’re sharing six ensembles from stylish trendsetters that prove boyfriend jeans can be girly. Scroll through for major outfit inspiration and some shopping suggestions to boot.
1. Try a Bold Lip: A bright lipstick can add a sugar-and-spice touch to any ensemble, especially a totally tomboy look. Skip the heels if you want and swipe on your favorite shade for a super easy way to add a ladylike touch. (via Vanessa Jackman)
2. Anna Sui Lipstick V ($30): Not only do you get to choose from 10 creamy shades, but how cute is the case and star shape?
4. Equipment Miles with Contrast Blouse ($268): This top is silky, sexy and has swiss dots. What more could you want?
6. Zara Long Blazer ($100): A cheery color in a sophisticated silhouette is always a good thing.
8. Seychelles Celebrar Skimmers ($120): We love the idea of a frou-frou ballet flat for those off-duty days.
9. Choose Color: Yes, black and white are the ultimate fashion colors, but if you want to break away from the norm, opt for a bright hue. Punchy colors will make you stand out in a good way. (via Fashion Vibe)
10. Kate Spade Saturday Zipline Bag ($170): Carry it top-handle style like Taylor Swift, or if you’re on the go, try it cross-body style. Either way, this bag is IT.
11. The Shirt Tuck: This is a cool-girl must, and takes about two seconds to do. Simply tuck your long or baggy top an inch into your pants and voila! Your shirt is street-style approved. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
12. Equipment Brett Mini Tokyo Star Blouse ($278): This is the ultimate luxe blouse to own. Made from lightweight silk, you can layer this top with your favorite cozy sweater or rock it solo with boyfriend jeans and funky heels.
Did we sway you from being a skinny jeans girl to a boyfriend jeans praiser? How do you keep your baggy jeans looking feminine? Spill in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)