We called it: Ecaille is the hottest hairstyle of 2015. The trend takes advantage of all the warm colors associated with tortoiseshell, which translates to ecaille in French. We’re talking your darker blondes, chestnuts, mahogany, chocolate and honey. Smooth caramel tones are painted, not foiled in, and the result is a layered look that is darker at the roots and lighter at the ends. If you’re still confused don’t fret; we’re sharing 10 ways to rock this multidimensional, bombshell look.
2. Large Waves: We love Jessica Alba’s large casual curls. It brings her tresses to about shoulder length, and the color frames her heart-shaped face nicely. (Photo via Barry King/Getty)
3. Shoulder Length: Chrissy Teigen’s shoulder-length tresses add an extra layer of personality to our fave model/chef. Long, side-swept bangs work well with this coloring. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
4. Dark Hair Ecaille: One of the best things about ecaille hair is how multi-dimensional it is. Whether you’re aiming to go blonder or you’ve got dark hair you want to give some added detail, there’s an ecaille look for you. (Photo via @samantharichardsstylist)
5. With a Lighter Tone: Gisele Bündchen’s take on ecaille is much lighter than her celebrity counterparts, and it works well with her skin tone. The roots start off dark and brighten up to softer, more vivid colors. (Photo via Fernanda Calfat/Getty)
7. With a Lighter Streak: We adore how Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s blonde layers hug her entire face. They’re more prominent in the front and fade to mahogany closer to the back of her head. (Photo via Michael Buckne/Getty)
9. Loose Curls: Jessica Biel’s loose curls are gorgeous and flattering on her oval-shaped face. The colors don’t really start showing up until ear length, which creates a classic cascade effect. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Angled Curls: Sure, everyone’s a fan of the lob, but you can take that haircut and ecaille to the next level by asking for angled layers. With locks this gorgeous, you won’t be able to resist a hair flip or two. (Photo via @jmcnally1234)
Which one is your favorite? Let us know below!