How to Throw a Killer Olympics Party
The schedules are set, apps are downloaded, Olympians are pumped, and your DVR is officially at maximum capacity. Clearly it’s time to throw together a killer Olympics party! From the best commercial break entertainment to all sorts of ring-themed sweet treats, here are 20 must-haves for any Summer Olympics soiree.
4. Olympia Headpiece ($165): Take your love of the games to the next level but wearing your love on your head! This crazy headpiece is just what the Brits ordered for an extravagant and awesome summer games.
5. Team USA performs Call Me Maybe: Another Call Me Maybe lip dub, this time brought to you by the hotties on the US Swim Team. Love it!
6. Summer Olympics Corgi and Labrador Cards ($10): On this list because they exist. That is all.
10. Olympics Nails: Nail art has made it to the Olympics too!
11. Olympic Diving Faces: If you haven’t seen this, you are probably cracking up right now. Thank you super fast cameras for being able to capture these totally priceless facial expressions.
16. Cool Runnings: Gotta have a few Olympic movies ready to go should you need a switch up or party until the wee hours. Though Cool Runnings is more of a Winter Olympics jam, your guests will still get a kick of nostalgia when you throw it on.
17. Olympic Ring Photo Props ($12): Photo booth time! Grab or DIY a set of Olympic-themed photo booth props, perhaps with a triple level medal ceremony podium to match.
18. Mobile Apps: If you’ve gotta watch the games on the go or don’t have an official cable or satellite situation, these apps are essential. Our fave is definitely Curly’s, an app that uses super simple illustrations and copy to describe every Olympic sport.
19. London 1948 Olympic Games Poster ($5): Get a little vintage wall decor by snatching up one of these gorgeous 24″x36″ prints from the London 1948 games.