How to Throw an English Tea Party Worthy of the Royal Wedding
As far as we’re concerned, May 19 can’t come soon enough! When Meghan and Harry walk down the aisle, the world will be watching — and so will we! If you’re going to be up at the crack of dawn (and even before, for all you West Coast watchers), you might as well make it an event. So pour yourself a legit cup of tea and get ready to throw together an event worthy of the royal wedding. With hand-tipped invites, cupcakes, fascinators, and more, you can fête the royal couple in high tea style.
1. Fancy Party Invites: An oh-so-elegant blue-and-white palette, delicate fonts, and an RSVP card will set the tone for your event, even if it starts before the sun has risen. (via Katie Stoops Photography)
2. Floral Paper China Plates: Don’t have a collection of your own to fall back on? Same. These paper versions give you that romantic look with a way easier cleanup. (via Shop Sweet Lulu)
3. Tea Tin Floral Centerpieces: Pairing those lovely empty tea tins you can’t bear to throw away with classic English blooms makes for the most charming floral arrangements ever. (via Ether and Smith Photography / Wedding Chicks)
4. Pimm’s Punch: A Pimm’s Cup is the classic English cocktail, so what could be more appropriate to toast the lovebirds? Bottoms up! (via Vegetarian Adventures)
5. DIY Sparkle Party Crowns: These are easy enough that you can have your guests customize their own celebratory royal headwear, even if they’re keeping their eyes glued to all the arrivals. (via Kelli Murray)
6. DIY Tea Bag Favors: It’s surprisingly easy to make your own tea bags. Send your friends home with a custom blend to remember. (via A Coastal Bride)
7. Classic Tea Time Wreath: Get your front door into the celebratory spirit. This whimsical wreath will keep your space feeling playful long after the rice is thrown. (via Thirsty For Tea)
8. DIY Fresh Flower Cake Topper: Every party needs a dessert, and this floral cake is a showstopper. This could be a great way to pay homage to the blooms Markle is reported to be carrying: white roses, peonies, and foxgloves. (via Sugar & Cloth)
9. Teacup Cookies: These teacup cookies are almost too pretty to eat! (Almost.) If you’re a dab hand with the piping bag, this is a great chance to show off your skills. (via Biscuiteers)
10. Royal Wedding Bingo: Play along at home with these printable cards specially made for the wedding. We’re loving the fun callouts. (Spice Girl arrivals, yessssss!) (via Blueberry Chronicles)
11. High Tea Sandwiches: Delicate sandwiches with tea are a British institution. These open-face versions are a fresh variation on the traditional, and they come together in a snap — which you’ll be thankful for as you do your pre-dawn prep! (via Bake Love Give)
Follow us on Pinterest for more ideas on how you and the squad can celebrate the Royal Wedding!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.