7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Wear Black and White for Spring
Sartorially speaking, spring means bright colors — a total 180 from winter’s traditionally deep and dark hues. But kickstarting the season with buttery pastels isn’t the only way to welcome warmer weather. This week’s outfit inspiration is all about making black and white work for spring. The ladies in these seven #OOTDs do just that, showing us that the classic color palette can be as head-turning — and fun to wear — as spring’s most coveted patterns.
1. @fashiioncarpet: Change up the way you think about French girl flair with a pair of black and white striped pants. Worn with textured whites and crisp neutrals like German blogger Nina, it’s more tres chic than “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!”
2. @charmingcharlotte: Take it from North Carolina blogger Mallory: when black and white patterns are the name of the game, pass up the polka dots for shapes that feel more of-the-moment. Take it trendy with a bright orange lip or keep it classic with a matte red pout (+ matching shoes!).
3. @kendieveryday: The cricket sweater is turning out to be spring’s hot ticket item, and the new team colors are black and white. Embrace your inner varsity captain like Kendie and keep it preppy from head to toe.
4. @grasiemercedes: Make the co-ord trend feel timeless with a black and white get-up. As Grasie shows in her striped set, matchy matchy doesn’t get any chicer than this.
5. @9to5chic: San Francisco-based blogger Anh shows off the freshest — and most versatile — way to style your striped tee this season: paired with strappy sandals and leather pants. Toss on a blazer and it’s your new #Girlboss uniform; clasp on a statement necklace and you’re ready for date night.
6. @maryorton: If you’re still not convinced about culottes, San Francisco blogger Mary will make you reconsider. A white version (versus darker hued options) keeps the wide-legged piece feeling light and airy and makes it easy to pair with go-to black pieces like pumps and a sheer top.
7. @carriebradshawlied: California blogger Kathleen makes a case for adding a pop of white to an all-black outfit. Copy the look with almost-white booties or sneakers shining out from ripped jeans and a moto jacket.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.