Wear Pantone’s 2015 Spring Colors With These 10 Perfect Dresses
If you’re as obsessed with Pantone as we are, then you’re probably planning your spring wardrobe around their recent spring color report for 2015. Oh wait, is that just us? Well, don’t worry, because we’ve got you and your spring dress search covered. According to the renowned color institute, we’ll be wearing a lot of soft, feminine colors this season, which is totally fine with us. These ten perfect dresses for sunny days really have us itching for some spring weather.
1. Glacier Gray: Just forget anything and everything 50 Shades. Pantone calls this gray “nature’s most perfect neutral,” and who are we to argue? The Shifting Dears Grey Long Sleeve Dress ($44) from Lulu’s looks like the easiest shift to wear on breezy spring days.
2. Strawberry Ice: This refreshing color is flattering on any skin tone, and this dress from Zara ($80) is just the pop of pink we need for spring. Plus those long sleeves will keep you warm on brisk March days.
3. Aquamarine: A relaxing, ethereal color, aquamarine will definitely be dominating our closets this year. Nasty Gal’s Joa Drifter Shift Dress ($68) has a sexy sheer crisscross back that we’re swooning over.
4. Scuba Blue: Reminiscent of the Caribbean, this turquoise color makes us want to go on spring break like right now. This Chiffon Surplice Dress ($28) from Forever 21 would pack up perfectly for dinner on the beach.
5. Classic Blue: This traditional blue adds a richness to Pantone’s spring color palette. And since every girl needs a good spring print in her wardrobe, this Kimono Dress ($60) from H&M does just the trick.
6. Lucite Green: A bold, fresh color, lucite green is the new mint. Free People’s Destroyed Lace Shift ($340) is handmade in Portugal and will definitely turn heads with its edgy style.
7. Marsala: It’s the big color of the year — we’ve been finding ways to work marsala into weddings, our homes and even our diets (What?!). But the easiest place to work in marsala is your wardrobe, obviously. This Asymmetric Sleeveless Body-Conscious Dress ($37) from ASOS is exactly what you need.
8. Toasted Almond: Like that perfect tan you dream of snagging on spring break, toasted almond is a warm neutral that will add a classic touch to your spring outfits. This super relaxed Silence + Noise Raw-Edge Linen Midi Dress ($79) from Urban Outfitters is the ideal weight for warmer weather.
9. Tangerine: Pairing perfectly with toasted almond flats or sandals, tangerine is a striking color that will take you right into summer. H&M’s Pleated Dress ($50) has our fave combo of modern and classic in this edgy shade of orange.
10. Custard: A bright and sunny yellow is just the color we need as we transition to short sleeves and bare legs. Madewell’s Ace + Jig Terrance Dress ($268) is the ultimate frock for your first outdoor party of the season.
11. BONUS Marsala + Classic Blue: We just had to include a dress that’s the perfect combo of two of Pantone’s favorite colors. This ’70s throwback Scuba-Look Dress ($50) from H&M is the spring dress for all you Pantone-obsessed ladies.
How will you be incorporating Pantone’s color report into your spring wardrobe? Tell us in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)