How to Get Away With Wearing Jeans to Every Holiday Function
LBDs are standard fare as far as holiday dressing goes. But if you’re not digging the idea of getting gussied up this holiday season, we have good news: You can totally rock jeans — be it a pair of trendy cropped flares or classic skinny jeans — at all of your upcoming holiday parties. All it requires is a bit of clever styling and a few festive extras — just take it from the 11 Instababes below.
1. A Diva-Approved Blouse: Balance out the casual feel of blue jeans with a shimmery, statement-making blouse that exudes holiday cheer. For even more polish, opt for a pair of trouser jeans and chic metallic steppers.
2. All-White Everything: Deck the halls, but make it fashion with an all-white ensemble that is anything but a faux pas. Skip the skinnies in favor of a cropped cut to show off glam party-ready pumps.
3. Kimono Cool: Go from Netflix and chill to life of the party in a snap by tossing an elegant wrap kimono on top of a tried-and-true tee-and-jeans combo. Bonus points for festive plaid heels and punchy red lips. (Photo via @grasiemercedes)
4. All That Glitters: Nothing says, “Happy Holidays,” quite like a sequin-studded coat. The ultimate throw-on-and-go party piece, it’ll jazz up sneaks and destroyed denim, no problem.
5. Red Hot: Pull out all the stops without betraying your laid-back style with fiery metallic jeans and a simple tee for your BFF’s annual holiday fête. Style them up with a faux fur jacket and sneaks for the perfect blend of downtown cool and uptown glamour.
6. Off-the-Shoulder Elegance: Be it the annual office party or dinner with the ‘rents, black skinny jeans and an elegant off-the-shoulder sweater are always a good choice. Just add statement earrings and a messy low bun FTW.
7. ‘Tis the Tee-son: We like to think this jazzy jean getup is way more conducive to rockin’ around the Christmas tree (and noshing on endless holiday treats) than your average LBD.
8. Layered Lewk: The weather outside is frightful, but luckily, you’re a boss when it comes to party-ready layering. Bring your A-game with a luxe velvet blazer, glitter socks, and a structured mini bag for sipping Champagne under the mistletoe.
9. Dress-Over-Pants: A foolproof way to pull off jeans at any festive function is embracing the dress-over-pants trend. Equal parts fancy and fuss-free, it’s a surefire way to nail the dress code and score a few extra style points for creativity.
10. Cozy Chic: While sweats are certainly a hygge must-have, they probably won’t fly for a sophisticated holiday soirée. But never fear! You can still embrace your inner cozy girl getting it on the dance floor by teaming an oversized sweater with glitter heels and a bold sequin fanny pack.
11. Sophisticated Silver: Forget ugly holiday sweaters — add sass to your lineup of celebratory essentials by snagging a plunging velvet tank that will look DDG with high-waisted skinny jeans, block heels, and moody lipstick.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!