LBDs are standard fare as far as holiday dressing goes. But if you’re not digging the idea of getting gussied up this holiday season, we have good news: You can totally rock jeans — be it a pair of trendy cropped flares or classic skinny jeans — at all of your upcoming holiday parties. All it requires is a bit of clever styling and a few festive extras — just take it from the 11 Instababes below.
1. A Diva-Approved Blouse: Balance out the casual feel of blue jeans with a shimmery, statement-making blouse that exudes holiday cheer. For even more polish, opt for a pair of trouser jeans and chic metallic steppers.
2. All-White Everything: Deck the halls, but make it fashion with an all-white ensemble that is anything but a faux pas. Skip the skinnies in favor of a cropped cut to show off glam party-ready pumps.
3. Kimono Cool: Go from Netflix and chill to life of the party in a snap by tossing an elegant wrap kimono on top of a tried-and-true tee-and-jeans combo. Bonus points for festive plaid heels and punchy red lips. (Photo via @grasiemercedes)
4. All That Glitters: Nothing says, “Happy Holidays,” quite like a sequin-studded coat. The ultimate throw-on-and-go party piece, it’ll jazz up sneaks and destroyed denim, no problem.
5. Red Hot: Pull out all the stops without betraying your laid-back style with fiery metallic jeans and a simple tee for your BFF’s annual holiday fête. Style them up with a faux fur jacket and sneaks for the perfect blend of downtown cool and uptown glamour.
6. Off-the-Shoulder Elegance: Be it the annual office party or dinner with the ‘rents, black skinny jeans and an elegant off-the-shoulder sweater are always a good choice. Just add statement earrings and a messy low bun FTW.
7. ‘Tis the Tee-son: We like to think this jazzy jean getup is way more conducive to rockin’ around the Christmas tree (and noshing on endless holiday treats) than your average LBD.
8. Layered Lewk: The weather outside is frightful, but luckily, you’re a boss when it comes to party-ready layering. Bring your A-game with a luxe velvet blazer, glitter socks, and a structured mini bag for sipping Champagne under the mistletoe.
9. Dress-Over-Pants: A foolproof way to pull off jeans at any festive function is embracing the dress-over-pants trend. Equal parts fancy and fuss-free, it’s a surefire way to nail the dress code and score a few extra style points for creativity.
10. Cozy Chic: While sweats are certainly a hygge must-have, they probably won’t fly for a sophisticated holiday soirée. But never fear! You can still embrace your inner cozy girl getting it on the dance floor by teaming an oversized sweater with glitter heels and a bold sequin fanny pack.
11. Sophisticated Silver: Forget ugly holiday sweaters — add sass to your lineup of celebratory essentials by snagging a plunging velvet tank that will look DDG with high-waisted skinny jeans, block heels, and moody lipstick.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!