7 Tropical Print #OOTDs to Get You in the Mood for Summer
You know summer is fast approaching when tropical prints start making an appearance out on the streets. If you’re so over florals, these island-inspired patterns are just the thing you need to give your closet a warm-weather refresh. And even if an island getaway is nowhere in your near future, let the exotic 2D flowers, pineapples and palm leaves whisk you away to a sunnier, sandier, happier place. Here are seven equatorially appropriate #OOTDs to get the sartorial inspiration flowing.
1. @reemkanj: Laid-back weekends call for easy, breezy style, so simple pieces that pack a serious punch are a must. A jungle-inspired mini dress and gladiator combo makes for a no-fuss getup that feels effortlessly chic — perfect for grabbing a quick coffee or leisurely beachside brunching.
2. @jessimalay: Everyone needs that one piece that makes them feel like a total goddess. And a flowing kaftan definitely isn’t a bad place to start. Rock it at the beach as an ultra-glam coverup, or layer it over distressed white denim, a slinky cami and killer heels like Jessi and hit the city streets.
3. @stylescrapbook: Put a tropical twist on one of this summer’s biggest bathing-suit trends — the one-piece — with bright, bold palm leaves that feel made for surf-side or poolside chillin’. Stylish sunnies required.
4. @heartofchic: Bold, summer-ready prints breathe new life into work-week staples like this flirty, flouncy midi skirt, all while banishing those Monday blues. Add on an equally eye-catching topper for those days when you need an extra boost.
5. @sincerelyjules: Espadrilles + fruity embroidery = a pair of steppers we want in our wardrobes STAT. This playful take on the tropical print is less in-your-face, but still delivers that island vibe.
6. @sidesmilestyle: Denim still reigns supreme when it comes to warm-weather layering, but this unexpected combo of a sports luxe staple and funky tropical pattern deserves a second glance. While it pairs perfectly with a slouchy tee and classic denim, we’re willing to bet it looks equally as fly with a button-front skirt, minimalist maxi dress or even on-trend overalls.
7. @rosefortescue: If palm, pineapple and exotic fleur prints have you running for the hills (oh, the horror of Hawaiian shirts!), this glam gown is a total game-changer. This is the dress to pack for swanky rooftop soirees or formal seaside weddings.
Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.