19 Pairs of Overalls to Nail ’90s Chic the 2015 Way
Did you ever think that the denim onesies you donned back in the day would make a comeback? Neither did we. But as crazy as it might seem, ’90s fashion is having a major moment. From slinky slip dresses to collars and platform shoes reminiscent of those pavement-pounding Doc Martens, our fave era’s fashion is here to stay. So, get ready to start digging out all those old duds from storage for a big case of fashion nostalgia. Sent them to Goodwill? Never fear, we’ve rounded up 19 fabulous of-the-moment overalls so you can get your throwback fix in style.
1. ASOS ’90s Style Overalls ($83): Nail two trends at once — military issue and ’90s throwback — with this green khaki onesie. Pair it with classic heels and polished accessories for an effortlessly chic look you’ll want to wear to all your weekend events.
2. Abercrombie & Fitch Floral Strappy Overall Jumpsuit ($122): Overalls + florals = the ultimate ’90s-chic getup. We LOVE this gorgeous overalls-inspired jumpsuit paired with fringe for an on-trend, spring-ready getup.
3. Nasty Gal Do the Bright Thing Overall Dress ($68): Overalls tend to come in traditional denim colors like blue, black or white, but that doesn’t mean you can’t venture outside the box. This short-dress version is just the piece you need to stand out.
4. Black Orchid Skinny Leather Overall ($105): Wondering how to make dungarees feel put-together? Sleek black leather, of course. This number is just asking to be a part of your next night out. Swap ’em for your fave leather pants and you’re ready to head out the door in style.
5. Sparkle & Fade Suspender Cage Overall Skirt ($39): Love the idea of dungarees, but aren’t diggin’ their tomboy style? This sweet skirt delivers an overalls vibe but with a flirty silhouette and light, flowy fabric.
6. Smith Utility One Piece ($50): This onesie’s soft fabric gives it a slouchy appearance for the perfect laid-back weekend look. Pair with a cream-colored button down and dressy heels for an office-ready look.
7. Alice McCall Under the Sky Overalls ($308): We’re kinda obsessed with Alice McCall’s jumpsuits, so it’s not surprising that this white overall number had us at hello. The low cut bib and looped rope straps give the cropped piece a flirty, nautical vibe.
8. Forever21 + Classic Denim Overalls ($33): Sure, you can test out the slew of new colors and styles out on the market, but there’s nothing quite like the original.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs Single Strap Overall Trousers ($215): If you’re looking for overalls that make a statement, this avant-garde asymmetrical pair from Marc Jacob’s Spring 2015 Collection is it.
10. Tracy Reese Splattered Denim Overall Skirt ($148): This paint-flecked overall skirt does major double duty. Rock it with the straps for a playful look, or take them off and wear the skirt solo.
12. Missguided Corduroy Overall Romper ($50): With a deep plunge, short length and bright burgundy color, this romper just wants to have fun. Team it with chunky kicks and a crop top for a cool, daring style.
13. Alexa Chung for AG Gillian Overall Dress ($275): Love Alexa Chung’s style? Good news: It’s just one click away. Nab this covetable overall-style pinafore piece from her collection for AG and pair it up with a bow-neck blouse, leather jacket and satchel bag for an Alexa-approved look.
14. City Chic Denim Overall Dress ($90): Spring is all about embracing lightened-up looks, which is why we’re loving this overall dress from City Chic. Trade out booties for a pair of strappy platform heels and you’ve got a on-point outfit in two seconds flat.
15. Whistles Slim Dungarees ($230): Straight-up black overalls layered under a structured blazer are a sneaky way to break out of your workwear rut.
16. Rebecca Minkoff Balearic Short Chambray Overalls ($149): Let this overall romper take you back to the good ol’ days when your biggest concern was whether Barbie should have a staycation in the Dream House or hop in the convertible for a road trip to Malibu.
17. Greywire Overalls ($228): Bright white and slightly distressed, this one-piece wonder has urban street chic on lockdown. Wear it with an oversized tee, your favorite sandals and a duster jacket for an OOTD that’s just waiting to get snapped.
18. Dahlia Frieda Navy Dungaree Jumpsuit ($95): Did we mention overalls make awesome transitional pieces? A turtleneck sweater would make this relaxed number cool-weather ready, but when things to start to heat up, swap it out for a short-sleeved crop top or sleeveless button-up blouse.
19. Lucca Couture Plaid Overalls ($98): Plaid never really goes out of style, which is why these dungarees are a must. They’ll take you through spring in style, but will still feel on-trend when fall rolls around.
Are you ready to rock the dungarees trend? Which overalls are your new must-haves? Let us know in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)