This Best Lip-Plumping Ingredient Is Already in Your Favorite Products
Getting plump, voluptuous lips that are smooth, soft, and kissable might not be as difficult (or as costly) as you think. Turns out there’s one underestimated ingredient to look for that can give us a plump pout without the pain of invasive procedures: hyaluronic acid. From balms to glosses, Austin-based dermatologist Ted Lain believes that the moisturizing humectant actually “draws water in and absorbs it, causing plumping and hydration.” So your hydrating lip products that are already in your makeup drawer can simultaneously bring you fuller lips in the process.
Lain maintains that hyaluronic acid is a much safer alternative to other lip-enhancing products or procedures like fillers/injections or suction devices. “Since hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring product, found in all body tissue, it is a very safe and natural choice for lip plumping,” he explains. Ready to get your plump on? See some of our favorite hyaluronic acid-filled products that’ll give you the perfect natural pout.
1. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($20): A holy grail for many, this sleeping mask for your lips soothes and moisturizes for seriously a supple result.
2. Dior Addict Lip Maximizer ($34): Live luxuriously with this lip-amplifying gloss that gives you instant volume and a nicely glossed kisser.
3. Josie Maran Argan Lip Sting Plumping Butter ($23): Along with argan oil and honey, this hyaluronic acid-rich lip butter solves the issue of cracked, dry lips with lots of shine.
4. Buxom PowerPlump Lip Balm ($17): Coming in a variety of colors, this volumizing balm works with your skin’s pH level and transforms to a custom pink that’s perfect for you.
5. Frudia Coconut Honey Salve Lip Cream ($6): For the same price of your morning coffee order, this lip salve cures chapped lips and brings a natural fullness.
6. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine ($9): No one likes a sticky gloss, which is just one of the reasons why we love this formula. Nourishment, shine, and a more robust lip? Count us in.
7. It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Color Awakening Lip Treatment ($24): Developed with the help of plastic surgeons, this color-changing balm infuses the lips with moisture thanks to hyaluronic acid.
8. Becca Liptuitive Glow Lip Gloss ($25): Hyaluronic acid isn’t the only wonder ingredient in this gloss. You can also count on avocado oil, vitamin E, and shea butter to help achieve soft and ample lips.
9. Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion for Lips ($24): If fine lines are an issue for your mouth, look no further than this anti-aging, hydrating and firming lip product.
10. Glossier Balm Dotcom ($12): Coming in the most Insta-worthy packaging, Glossier’s soothing lip balm comes packed to the brim with ingredients that you can use on your lips or in other dry areas on your body.
Tweet us your favorite lip-plumping products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.