Repair Winter-Damaged Locks With These 13 Moisturizing Hair Masks
Yeah, yeah, yeah… the days are getting longer, the temperatures are rising and spring is in the air. But for many of us, our locks just aren’t recovering from the harsh effects of this year’s frigid winter weather. If your strands feel dry, damaged, depleted and totally untamed, don’t worry! You can fight the winter hair blues and achieve a springtime glow in no time with help of these mega-moisturizing hair masks.
1. Bumble and bumble Quenching Masque ($38): After a long winter full of freezing temps, your hair is probably dying of thirst. Allow your mane to drink up some moisture with this weekly quenching masque that detangles and replenishes dry, over-processed strands.
2. Kératase Reflection Chroma Captive Hair Mask ($63): We were already big fans of Kératase (no, not only because Blake Lively swears by it to keep her locks shiny!), but this hair mask made us love the brand even more. Why? It nourishes strands, maximizes longevity of hair color and protects against UV rays.
3. L’Oréal Power Moisture Rush Mask ($7): You don’t need to break the bank to rescue your damaged tresses. This affordable moisture mask transforms dehydrated hair into soft, manageable strands that beg to be touched.
4. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask ($7): Let’s be honest — there’s nothing worse than a hair treatment that takes for-ev-er to work. Aint’ nobody got time for that! Luckily this moisture mask can transform your extra-dry tresses into smooth, shimmering locks in just minutes.
5. Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask ($26): Just like the name says, if your hair is dull, dry or damaged (seriously, whose isn’t after this winter?), don’t despair! Use this intense, deep-conditioning mask a few times a week after you shampoo and your hair’s strength, luster and shine will be back in no time.
6. Smooth Sexy Hair Smooth Extender ($20): Not only does this smoothing masque deliver Kim Kardashian-worthy shine, it also provides thermal protection, fights frizz and is safe on chemically treated hair or extensions.
7. OGX 3 Minute Miraculous Recovery ($8): This name says it all. A totally renewed mane is just three minutes away with this strengthening deep conditioner that’s formulated with rich keratin proteins for increased elasticity and unstoppable shine.
8. Moroccan Oil Weightless Hydrating Mask ($41-$67): There’s a reason why celebs swear by Moroccan oil. This five-minute revival mask improves the hair’s texture, shine and manageability, without weighing it down.
9. Lush H’Suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment ($21): Who cares if you can’t pronounce the name? The only thing that matters is that this hydrating treatment will tame your unruly strands. Made with balsamic vinegar (to keep strands sleek), eggs (packed with proteins that protect tresses) and bananas (to soften and moisturize), this vitamin-rich mask will give your hair the healthy boost it needs.
10. Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment ($12-$42): Give your locks a little extra love with this weightless conditioning treatment that helps reduce damage and strengthen strands, all while delivering hydration and shine.
11. Pantene AgeDefy Rejuvenation Hydration Hair Masque ($15): Say goodbye to rough, dry strands and hello to mega moisture with this nourishing treatment. Pantene teamed up with anti-aging experts at Olay to design a formula that specifically helps restore hair’s hydration levels, so you’re left with resilient, luscious locks.
12. Drybar Mudslide Nourishing Hair Mask ($38): If you’ve over-dried, over-curled or just totally abandoned your hair over the winter, there’s no need to worry. Bring your locks back to life with this invigorating mask that restores, soothes and hydrates.
13. Carol’s Daughter Tui Color Care Hydrating Hair Mask ($20): Calling all curl queens and naturalistas! This sulfate-free, moisturizing mane treatment deep conditions, fights color fading and helps stop curl pattern loss.
Do you have a favorite hydrating mask or moisturizing treatment that totally transforms your tresses? Let us know in the comments or tweet us at @BritandCo.