If there’s anything a DIYer loves — besides an endless supply of craft materials — it’s a brilliant IKEA hack to solve those #CraftSupplyStorageProblems. Whether you’re just hoping to hack IKEA’s summer collection or are finally ready to store *all* those craft supplies, turning that piece of Swedish home decor into something new, functional and exciting will bring you some serious joy. Scroll on for the *best* IKEA hacks to organize your craft room and get ready to start crafting your little maker heart out.
1. MOPPE Organizer Update: Between all the sewing needles and scrap pieces of fabric cluttering up your workspace, you *need* a place to store your bits and bobs. Grab your paint brushes and swipe on your favorite pattern to update the MOPPE organizer. (via Brit + Co)
2. Woven Basket Update: If you’re short on storage space, thinking outside the box, err basket, always helps. Pick up a simple woven basket from IKEA and brighten it up with paint and pom poms. It makes for the perfect place to store rolls of wrapping paper, balls of yarn or other large items. (via Tell Love and Party)
3. RIBBA Frame + Pegboard Hack: Pegboards are *all* the rage when you’re figuring out how to organize your craft space, but they can be kind of drab. Snag a RIBBA frame from IKEA to outline the pegboard and give it that extra bit of style it needs. (via IHeart Organizing)
4. Brush Hook Hack: Instead of sticking your brush collection in a jar or mug, opt for hanging them on hooks like these. Add the color dip to make them stand out for a look that’s not only super functional, but also gives your space a super cool vibe. (via IHeart Organizing)
5. BEKVÄM Spice Rack Hack: On the hunt for ways to fill up your pegboard? Look no further. Pick up a few BEKVÄM spice racks from IKEA and hang them on your board. Seriously though: A spice rack is the *perfect* place to store notebooks, pencil bags and more. (via Bondville)
6. IKEA ALEX Drawer Hack: You’ve probably already got a set of the Alex drawers in your craft space. Lucky for you, they’re ideal for storing your massive washi tape collection. Simply stick a few plastic bins in the drawers and organize them by color.
7. FINTORP System Hack: Mini buckets aren’t *just* for planting succulents and herb gardens. Upcycle your FINTORP rails with matching buckets and hooks to store things like your pencils or sewing supplies, for super easy access when the inspiration strikes. (via Messy Jesse)
8. TJENA Box Organizers: Instead of throwing all of your stationery supplies into a less-than organized box, add separators to give it some structure. Finding your favorite scrapbooking paper and stationery just got 100 times easier.
9. KALLAX Shelving Unit Update: If you’re short on room, optimizing your space with tall shelves is the way to go. Invest in the KALLAX shelving unit, then add boxes and drawers so that everything has its place. This particular white + gold color scheme looks clean and clutter-free, but you can easily add color to spice it up. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
10. BESTÅ Cabinets Update: If you’re decorating a craft room, color can really add an inspirational element to your space. Update your BESTÅ cabinets with a few coats of paint to make organizing your supplies colorful and cute. (via Sugar + Cloth)
11. FJÄLLA Magazine File Update: When in doubt, you can’t go wrong organizing with a set of magazine filers. If IKEA’s FJÄLLA colors need some life, add a coat or two of spray paint so they match your space perfectly. (via The Lily Pad Cottage)
12. RÅSKOG Utility Cart Hack: If you’re looking for a way to store your (or your kiddo’s) craft supplies all in one place, the RÅSKOG utility cart is going to be your new BFF. Use one shelf for things like pencils and markers, one for paints and the other for coloring books and more. Roll it into a closet when you’re not using it, for unbeatably quick cleanup. (via Suburble)
13. MOPPE Organizer Hack: Hello, new favorite knick knack organizer! Take your MOPPE organizer from drab to fab by adding a fresh coat of paint. Then, pick up a set of hairpin legs to attach to the bottom to lift it off your tabletop. (via Curbly)
14. STUVA Dresser Hack: Dressers aren’t *just* for storing your fabulous wardrobe. They’re also the easiest (and chicest!) way to store rolls of fabric, paper and the rest of your crafting supplies. Update the dresser with paint and a set of wheels to turn your dresser into a crafting cart in a snap. (via IHeart Organizing)
15. SULTAN LADE Slatted Bed Base Hack: This hack is seriously impressive. Turn your $10 slatted bed base into a hanging wall organizer for all of your crafting supplies. You’re about to turn a bed base into the most organized wall in the house. (via Ich Designer)
16. Ribbon Drawer Hack: Every crafter knows that it’s pretty much impossible to keep ribbons organized after you break open the packaging… Until now, that is. Wrap your ribbon around scraps of cardboard and stick ’em in a drawer so you can instantly find what you’re looking for. (via HGTV)
Have you hacked any IKEA products lately? Share them on Instagram and use the hashtag #iamcreative to show us!