By now your warm-weather wardrobe is well-equipped with all the It-girl-approved, envy-inducing summer style essentials (think: one-and-done rompers, show-stopping skirts and luxe leather slides). But it’s not a lack of trend-right pieces that has you drawing a blank for your next summer soirée — it’s the endless styling opportunities. Instead of spending hours piecing together the perfect #OOTD (there’s just too much fun in the sun to be had), scroll on for 21 summery getups that have you covered from now until Labor Day. The best part? They come together just like that — no effort needed.
1. An Airy Beach Coverup and Sneakers: Beach and street-chic fuse together for a cozy-cool ensemble fit for a leisurely lunch along the Amalfi Coast or vintage shopping in the urban jungle. Team the easy-breezy combo with a leather mini backpack and a sleek arm party to amp up the outfit’s one-of-a-kind contrast.
2. Bandeau Top and Next-Level Denim Skirt: Eliminate post-pool costume changes with this winning bandeau and chambray skirt combo that’s ready for some fun in the sun. Dress it up after hours by swapping out sandals for strappy heels, then layering on a white boyfriend blazer and asymmetric drop earrings.
3. Bright Crop Top and Printed High-Waisted Shorts: One word: flawless. Bright colors, eye-catching prints and enviable accessories are a recipe for #OOTD success. For day, style this winning combination with minimalist slides for a laid-back look that’s ready for anything. Turn up the heat come nighttime with block-heel mules and bold berry lipstick for tapas and gossip with the girls.
4. Sheer Embroidered Midi Dress and Statement Clutch: Babe alert! Be it a black tie wedding or a swanky al fresco dinner date with bae, an embroidered lace dress will always do you right. Take a style cue from Soraya and pair yours with a dramatic berry lip and quirky clutch for an after-hours ensemble that feels anything but average.
5. Bell-Sleeve Top and Button-Front Skirt: Once you establish a summer uniform, the styling possibilities become endless. Case in point: this bell-sleeve top and denim skirt duo. Sure, tees and tanks are your go-to toppers, but by simply swapping them out for a dramatic blouse or streamlined mock-neck top, you instantly upgrade your ensemble to perfection.
6. Shimmery Midi Skirt and Denim Jacket: When it comes to wear-anywhere styling, this tried-and-true getup takes the cake. Striking just the right balance of elegant and off-duty pieces, this is your summer look from desk to dinner. Upgrade the denim to leather or suede, and tack on a pair of chandelier earrings for a more polished edge.
7. Distressed Denim and a Gingham Cold-Shoulder Top: So much YASS! Cropped tops aren’t the only way to show off a bit of skin this summer. Whether you team ‘em with boyfriend jeans, shortalls or embellished skirts, cold-shoulder tops are about to become your number one warm-weather essential. Give collared styles a more modern feel by piling on contemporary accessories like futuristic sunglasses, sleek bucket bags and statement cuffs.
8. Suede Shift Dress and Bomber Jacket: Usher in summer days in true throwback fashion with a suede shift dress and bomber jacket that bring the ‘tude. Take the sporty-chic vibes to the next level with fresh white sneakers and a leather backpack, or dial it down with luxe slides and a structured satchel for a more sophisticated look.
9. Bright Romper and Lace-Up Espadrilles: Lazy girls everywhere, this one is for you. If you haven’t nailed down a summer uniform just yet, let us direct your attention to rompers, jumpsuits and one-and-done dresses that honor your zero-effort approach to dressing. For maximum impact, opt for bright colors, like rainbow stripes or technicolor crochet, that allow you to bring the wow factor without overthinking it.
10. Maxi Dresses and Boyfriend Blazers: Dreamy midsummer nights call for something elegant, ethereal and downright DDG, and this Insta-worthy combo is ready to rise to the challenge. Be it a seaside wedding or a networking event, a pastel maxi dress and oversized blazer won’t let you down. Pair it with a dramatic wide-brim hat, box clutch and minimalist stacked rings for a lady-about-town look that was made for sipping Champagne cocktails under the moonlight.
11. Suede Midi Skirt and Vintage Band Tee: Fringe, flower crowns and cutoffs aren’t the only way to nail your festival style. Embrace your inner ‘70s rock goddess with a vintage band tee, button-front midi skirt and wooden platform sandals. Throw some shade with a pair of oversized sunnies, and stash all your main-stage swag (water bottle, SPF, jacket) in a glam metallic tote.
12. Flirty Off-the-Shoulder Top and Distressed Jeans: Girls’ glamping adventure on the agenda? Don’t even think about leaving your most-loved off-the-shoulder tops behind. Pop one on with distressed denim, ankle boots and a lariat necklace for s’mores around the campfire. When temps start to drop, enlist an oversized scarf and wool fedora to keep you cozy.
13. Slip Dress and Leather Jacket: Going hand-in-hand with rooftop soirees and “I dos” under the stars, slip dresses are your closet’s MVP this season. Check out how Kat Tanita pulled a Kate Moss by styling hers with a badass leather jacket and classic heels to swoon-worthy effect. Consider this your new date night go-to.
14. Shirt Dress and Mules: For work or play, you simply can’t go wrong with a shirt dress on standby, especially one decked out in blue and white stripes reminiscent of beach cabanas along the Mediterranean. To take the easy-breezy frock into haute territory, jazz it up with pointed-toe mules, statement earrings and a sassy crossbody bag. For extra style cred, layer on a sleeveless blazer to take on that to-do list like the girl boss you are.
15. Monochromatic Shortalls and Crop Top: If the fear of looking like you’ve done a time warp back to your elementary days has kept your from embracing shortalls, listen up! Do like Carmen of Chronicles of Her and go all-out monochromatic for a fashion-forward take on the whole dungarees thing. Style with slip-on loafers, geometric jewelry and a structured straw bag to kick the It factor up a notch (or two).
16. Bright Peasant Dress and a Wide Brim Hat: When in doubt, a peasant dress is the way to go. Bright color and a tropical floral print keep the getup from feeling too prairie chic, especially when paired with a chic straw hat and flirty espadrilles.
17. Show-Stopping Jumpsuit: OMG. We can’t stop staring at this supremely striped, plunge-neck jumpsuit. Between the jaw-dropping neckline and wide-leg silhouette, this stunner will send your after-hours style into overdrive. Whether teamed with layered pendant necklaces and metallic block heels or a sleek choker and a quirky clutch, this one-of-a-kind statement piece ensures there’s never a dull moment.
18. T-Shirt, Shorts and Skirt Overlay: This is athleisure like you’ve never seen it before. Play the layering game to flip the script on your just-kickin’-it style. Even if you don’t have an asymmetric skirt like Dana Hourani, you could easily tie a button-down or statement top over an oversized tee and denim shorts to achieve a similar look. Round out the outfit with a choker and sporty slides for a #winning off-the-clock outfit that nails it every single time.
19. All Bright Everything: Making a statement is just what you do, whether you’re sidling up to the bar or catching a movie in the park. Pull out all the stops this summer by going big on the color front. Mix and match jewel tones with natural accessories (think: a raffia clutch, espadrille wedges or a summery straw hat) to put a playful twist on endless street-style looks, while striking the ideal sartorial balance.
20. Off-the-Shoulder Top and Textured Midi Skirt: Whoever said wearing red, white and blue on the Fourth of July is cliché obviously didn’t have much imagination. Proof that Independence Day style can be straight-up #goals, this patriotic ensemble builds on two of summer’s hottest trends (off-the-shoulder necklines and pom-pom-flecked everything) to deliver an entrance-making look that will take your pre-fireworks barbecue by storm. Bring the drama with textured separates and polished accessories for a cool-girl-in-training finish.
21. Silk Cami and Full Maxi Skirt: Knock ‘em dead at your next big event by ditching the all-too-expected dress for a silk cami and dramatic skirt instead. Luxe fabrics, like silk and satin, and opulent embellishments instantly elevate everyday silhouettes, while dazzling jewelry, metallic heels and eye-catching evening bags solidify the timeless pairing’s fancy-lady status.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!