Make This Ridiculously Easy Instant Pot Tuscan White Bean Soup Recipe to Eat All Week Long
This beginner-friendly soup is nutritious thanks to eight different vegetables. It receives richness from sweet Italian sausage and lots of cannellini beans. Plus, it's blissfully Tuscan thanks to juicy San Marzano tomatoes, lemon, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 2 cups chopped leek, white and light green parts only
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning herb mix
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, left whole (optional)
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, shredded
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- thinly sliced rounds of lemon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the celery, onion, leek, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, beans, tomatoes, stock, dried Italian herbs, and whole Italian sausage links, if using.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot, and set for five minutes on high of the "Manual" setting.
- Let pressure release naturally. Remove sausage links, if using, and slice into bite-size pieces. Replace pieces into the soup.
- Stir the shredded kale, parsley, and chopped lemon into the soup. Season to taste and serve hot.