With International Women’s Day approaching on March 8, there’s no better time to treat yourself (or your BFFs) to a much-need vacay. While a trip to the spa or beach are great go-tos, nothing tops creating homemade pasta in Tuscany, snorkeling turquoise seas, or even laying poolside next to monkeys — all with your best gals, of course. Below we’ve rounded up several hot stops that offer these experiences at a free or discounted rate for the holiday. Keep scrolling to preview the opportunities that are just a short click or call away.
1. W Punta de Mita, Mexico: Ever dream of riding the waves in aqua-colored waters? Then grab your girls and head down south to a place that offers surf, sand, and sun. The W Punta de Mita is dedicated to honoring the first of the three — surfing — which is an important part of the local culture. You’ll find decor around the hotel paying homage to the sport (think surf headboards and wall decals) and an on-site shop for any vacationer looking to snag some shreddin’ time. Bonus: In honor of the March 8 holiday, the W is offering FREE surf lessons, complete with GoPro photos (epic souvenirs), for up to four female travelers at a time. Sign up at the hotel’s welcome desk, or call to learn more.
2. Barnsley Resort, Adairsville, GA: This sprawling Georgian resort boasts more than just southern charm. In honor of International Women’s Day, the accommodations are offering a unique “shoot and swing” opportunity (it’s all in the title). On March 8, the resort’s 18-hole golf course will host a complimentary clinic with a head golf professional. If something more non-traditional is up your alley, there’s a free sporting clay shooting lesson offered, too. To reserve your spot for what will inevitably be a thrilling afternoon, give the resort a call, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Renaissance Tuscany il Ciocco Resort & Spa, Italy: Romantic getaways shouldn’t strictly be reserved for your S.O. — and this estate is the perfect place to go with your gal pals. Since it’s situated right in the middle of one of the most gorgeous areas of Italy, you’re guaranteed some unreal views, alongside two on-site restaurants, two pools, a spa, and a variety of hotel-coordinated day-trips to choose from. For their Women’s Day offering, they’re hosting a FREE pasta-making class where female vacationers can learn how to make the most beloved food in the area by hand. If carb-loading for a day with your BFFs sounds like the best thing ever, give the resort’s concierge a call.
4. El Mangroove, Costa Rica: Take a few days away from your phone or laptop in this lush tropical getaway. El Mangroove is an 85-suite boutique hotel with *all* the amenities one could want. Think outdoor bungalows, in-room hammocks… and a pool surrounded by local visitors (and by that we mean howler monkeys). Of course, this destination is no exception to the ladies-only deals: Theirs includes an on-the-house sailboat ride for female guests. Like the facilities, this experience includes extras like snorkeling stops, free food, and complimentary sips. Be sure to get in on this opportunity before it fills up by calling the hotel’s concierge or emailing them at email@example.com.
5. Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, Mexico: This sandy tip of land located on the Pacific coast is a great place to grab some good cuisine and vitamin D. Both of these go well with the Marriott Puerto Vallarta’s own tequila, made for all to enjoy from agave azul grown on-site. On International Women’s Day, women can partake in the delicious tradition with a spirited tequila tasting and food pairing with Audrey Formisano, the resorts’s in-house tequila sommelier. If cocktails in paradise sound like just what you need RN, reach out to the hotel to reserve your spot.
Which of these exclusive Women’s Day offers are you eyeing? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Diamond PR)