Affogato — hot espresso poured over ice cream — is the best end to any meal. In fact, we’d drink all our coffee that way if we didn’t have to hunt for ice cream every time we needed a pick-me-up. The classic version is in our top five fave desserts (ice cream sandos are definitely in that list too!), but there are so many (simple) ways to upgrade! Use chocolate or cinnamon ice cream. Spike it with amaretto, bourbon, or hazelnut liqueur. You could even top it off with chocolate coffee beans or make a syrupy maple affogato, but this minty, boozy version is *perfect* to kick off your St. Paddy’s Day celebrations.
Makes 2 glasses
- 4 scoops mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 4 Tablespoons (2 ounces) Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 6 Tablespoons (3 ounces) hot espresso
- 1 Tablespoon dark chocolate flakes
- Place two scoops of ice cream in each glass.
- Pour over the Irish cream, followed by the espresso.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate flakes and serve immediately.
Place two scoops of ice cream in each glass.
Pour over the Irish cream, followed by the espresso.
Sprinkle on the chocolate flakes and serve immediately.
Garnish with a sprig of mint, if you like!