40 Crazy Delicious Ice Cream Sandos
When you think of ice cream sandwiches, you are probably thinking of those rectangular, cardboard-like vessels that the ice cream truck was always peddling. But you needn’t bear them anymore. These 40 ice cream sandwiches have made solemn vows to banish the boring. Flavor up with these frozen treats that will make you wonder why you’ve suffered through those foil-wrapped things for so long. What would we do for a Klondike Bar? Meh, not much. But for these crazy sandwiches — we’d get real weird.
1. Churro Ice Cream Sandwiches: A food trend to rival the cronut, these treats are available on a pop-up basis from Churro Borough in LA and are filled with flavors like horchata, vanilla custard, Mexican hot chocolate and Spanish latte. (via Jezebel)
6. Salted Chocolate Diablo: Though they might look somewhat tame, these sammies are packing some darker-than-dark chocolate, ginger, cinnamon and spicy cayenne for extra “bazinga!” (via The Artful Desperado)
8. Pumpkin Ice Cream Salted Pepita Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches: Trick or treat? The answer is obvious. It would be scary to wait until Halloween to make these frozen pumpkin sweetums. (via SP Cookie Queen)
11. Chocolate Dipped Coffee Ice Cream Glazed Donut Sandwiches: We’re going to need to increase our donut budget this month to allow for 50-60 ice cream sandwiches just like this. (via Bon Appetit)
12. Vanilla Bean Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches with Maple-Berry Mash: Surprisingly enough, these tempting treats are vegan and gluten-free. (via The First Mess)
16. Blackberry Mascarpone Salted Caramel Pie: This delightful stack is packed with so many flavors, from the sweet and salty caramel to those mini blackberry pies. We need to get our hands on one STAT. (via The Kitchen McCabe)
33. Baklava Ice Cream Sandwiches: The Greeks have brought us so many things for which we are eternally grateful — democracy, the Pythagorean Theorem and these ice cream sandwiches. (via Souvlaki for the Soul)
36. Speculoos + Stroopwafel Ice Cream Sandwiches: If you haven’t tried Speculoos cookie butter, then you haven’t experienced its addictive qualities. Either way, you’re cleared to make these delicious dreams come true. But beware… (via The Cooking of Joy)
39. Dulce de Leche Sandwich: Alfajores are sandwich cookies from South America that are packed with dulce de leche. This sandwich sounds like the perfect frozen hack of those cookies, and we can’t wait to test drive this recipe. (via The Wicked Noodle)
40. Two-Bite Samoa Ice Cream Sandwiches: Aaaand now we’re going to have to spend a few hours contemplating all of the possible Girl Scout cookie and ice cream combinations out there. (via Country Cleaver)
Sandwich, anyone? Let us know which ‘wich you’ll be making first!