You’ll Never Believe How Affordable This VS Angel’s Wedding Was
If there was a day to feel gorg, surrounded by friends and family, that day could totally be your wedding day. Some shell out serious money for hair and makeup trials while others will DIY it. Let’s not mention the Pinterests boards covered with hundreds of wedding dress ideas (guilty, so guilty). No matter how you choose to go about it, lots and lots of planning goes into your wedding day look — whether you want boho chic, old Hollywood glamour or regal + traditional.
Supermodel Kate Grigorieva was part of the flock of the 10 new Angels who received their wings from lingerie giant Victoria’s Secret this year. She’s stunned millions as she strutted her stuff down the runways at Victoria’s Secret Annual Fashion Show, and when she got hitched over the weekend, she brought it in a whole new way.
The bride was accompanied by six lovely bridesmaids, each decked out in a different style dress in a varying shade of lavender. If you want your bridesmaids to look uniform without being too much like carbon copies, this is one neat trick to achieve unique and gorgeous style.
But it was the bride that all eyes were on. The Russian beauty wed her longtime beau in a trailing cathedral veil and a lovely trumpet lace gown by Zac Posen that she got from — you’ll never guess — David’s Bridal (man, the wedding retail chain is really stepping up their game this year).
From the hair and makeup to the dress and jewelry — everything about her wedding day was gorgeous. Here are five simple ideas you can *steal* for your own big day.
1. Long Sleeves + Lace Trumpet Gown: You can actually find the exact same Truly Zac Posen trumpet lace gown ($1350) that Kate wore on her big day at David’s Bridal. The long sleeves, exquisite lace and illusion neck detail is absolutely timeless. And that price! Pair it some DIY heels to give it a personal touch.
2. An All-Purple Party: Your bridesmaids’ dresses can be just as affordable as that David’s Bridal gown with Union Station, a bridesmaid (and groomsmen!) rental service that allows you to pick a color, annnny out of their 18 shades and 10 styles, long and short. (via Pinterest via Union Station, formerly Little Borrowed Dress)
3. Dark Purple Smokey Eyes: Kate did not shy away from statement makeup on her big day, but she wisely chose to accent just one feature — her eyes. Using a dark purple shadow like Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Amethyst ($20) or L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Perpetual Purple ($6), you can really make your eyes pop in those wedding photos.
4. Pretty Nude Lips: Get your lips kissing-ready with a soft, peachy color similar to Kate’s. You can achieve the look with something like Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Peach ($8) on the left or Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick in Nude ($17) on the right
5. Diamond (or CZ) Halo Earrings: Kate kept her jewelry simple, which let her gorgeous dress + veil really take the limelight. She wore a pair of super elegant haloed studs like the cubic zirconia ones on left from Express ($25) or the real diamond splurge on the right from Blue Nile ($3200).
What do you think of her wedding look? Tell us in the comments below!