Wedding season is upon us. And as most of us already know, it ain’t cheap. Whether you’re a guest, a bridesmaid or the couple of honor, you’re either gonna have to drop a serious chunk of change or get creative. We’re all for the latter option ;) One of the simplest ways to DIY a wedding is to become your own beauty pro, so browse these YouTube tutorials to find the perfect formal hairstyle. No one will guess you didn’t hire a stylist!
6. Date Night Hair: This half-up style works just as well with your own long locks as it does with hair extensions. We think it would look killer with a wedding veil, so pin this to your bridal hair board STAT. (via Luxy Hair)
8. Fishtail Braided Updo: As long as you know how to do a French braid, a fishtail braid and a bun, you can recreate this sophisticated style. Finish it off with a sparkly clip and dazzle the crowd. (via Missy Sue)
10. Frozen-Inspired Updo: This braided/knotted updo was good enough for Elsa’s coronation, so it’s definitely good enough for your big day. No superpowers needed — just super long hair, so get some extensions in there if you need the boost. (via Fashion On My Own)
11. Messy Bun Without Bobby Pins: Ahh, next-day wedding hair… combing through teased tresses while pulling out pin after pin after pin. Or not! Try this smart messy bun which only requires a hair tie, and then accessorize with flowers or sparkly pins to make it formal. (via Bebexo)
13. No-Heat Spiral Bantu Knot Out: You can get big, voluminous corkscrew curls without any heat by using bantu knots on stretched hair. Keep separating those untwisted locks to get more and more body. (via Samirah Gilli)
14. Big, Curly Side Ponytail: Side ponytails are perfect for special occasions because they’re just a little bit different from your everyday look, photogenic from every angle and the right blend of cute and sultry. (via Foxy Locks)
17. Braided Formal Updo: If your arms are getting tired just watching all these hair videos, remember that your bridesmaids are here to help. Enlist the help of your best friend to follow along with this tutorial. (via Kayley Melissa)
What big events do you have coming up this summer, and what hair ‘dos are you going to try? Tell us your favorites in the comments!