9 Spring Fashion Buys Inspired by Kate Middleton’s Love of Polka Dots
Don’t be concerned if you’re seeing spots. Polka dot fever is everywhere you turn this spring, and it isn’t hard to see why. Everything from dresses, skirts, and shoes to bags and watches have gotten the spot treatment. And there’s one key reason why: The eye-catching print is a go-to for none other than the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. Which makes sense, since this versatile pattern can be simultaneously modern and retro, cute and sophisticated, and casual and polished. Scroll down to see a few of our faves.
The Duchess of Cambridge knows how to connect the dots. (Photo via Karwai Tang/WireImage)
1. Paul Andrew Polka Dot Twill Slingback Pump ($745): Paul Andrew’s shoes are known for being extremely comfortable. Good thing, because these beauties will be in constant wardrobe rotation this spring. Let them liven up your basic jeans and white button-down uniform, or go a little crazy by mixing patterns with a powder blue gingham shirtdress.
2. Milly Short-Sleeve Polka-Dot Mermaid Dress ($485): With short sleeves and a knee-grazing length, Milly’s polka dot dress can read very Audrey Hepburn when paired with black stiletto pumps. Not having a Breakfast at Tiffany’s kind of day? Slip on a pair of white lace-up sneaks instead.
3. Zara Faux Pearl Earrings With Polka Dots ($20): A little goes a long way with Zara’s take on the polka dot trend. Channel your inner French girl by pairing these earrings with your favorite sailor striped tee. Ooh la la!4. Anthropologie Polka Dot Mini Skirt ($98): Sugar and spice is what you’ll be serving up when you mix this polka dot mini (sugar) with a concert tee (spice). Complete the look with a denim jacket and ankle boots.
5. Zara Polka Dot Top ($50): Puff sleeves and a belted ribbon at the waist ensure you’ll be anything but basic in this black and white polka dot top. Go even sassier by wearing it with your favorite wide-leg trousers.
6. Flynn Skye Polka Dot Wrap Skirt ($188): Even with dainty details such as polka dots and ruffles, this maxi wrap skirt has plenty of edgy attitude. Wear it with a pair of Vans for the ultimate surfer-girl-in-the-city vibe.
7. Ashish Polka Dot Tote ($640): Allow us to introduce you to your new everyday bag. This all-over sequin tote is the unexpected piece you didn’t know you needed. Add sparkle to simple black trousers and a blouse or to a jeans and tee ensemble. It matches practically everything in your closet.
8. Faithfull Stefano Wrap Dress ($210): This orange and white polka dot dress was made for the music festival scene. Before you leave for Coachella, you can still take it out for a spin. Throw on a cropped leather jacket and strappy sandals and this dress is good to go.
9. Kate Spade Polka Dot Silicone Park Row Watch ($150): It’s impossible to be late when you can’t take your eyes off your watch. This charming round-face silicone watch has gorgeous gold hardware and is water resistant.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.