Maternity fashion has really hit its stride in the last few years. Celebrity fashion icons like Blake Lively, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lopez and, of course, Kim Kardashian have been defying old conventions of pregnancy style and completely SLAYING it. Keri Russell, who’s about to have baby number three, has been particularly killing it these days with her own signature maternity style. The Americans star has been busy promoting the fourth season of her hit FX show while several months pregnant (the father is her partner and Americans co-star Matthew Rhys) and has looked absolutely #flawless this whole time. And for those of you who may not be quite as fearless as a Kardashian when it comes to dressing your bump, Keri’s pregnancy style may be the way to go: Her looks are a little more subtle, though equally as appealing. Here are a few tips we can take from her closet.
1. Don’t buy a whole new wardrobe. Keri Russell has always had an awesome and unique style, and she isn’t changing that just because she’s pregnant. Her sophisticated, hip Brooklyn mom look is still shining through with her jeans, sweaters and even sandals with socks. Her look works because it’s authentically her. (Photo via Raymond Hall/Getty)
2. Opt for an oversized coat. While this may not be an option for summer pregnancies, it’s perfect for chilly winters and way more chic than a puffy coat. (Photo via Alessio Boticelli/Getty)
3. It’s okay to go all-black. Just because you’re pregnant, doesn’t mean you can’t wear black or navy. Plus, if you aren’t ready to tell people yet, it can be a very slimming way to hide your bump — or at least not draw attention to it. (Photo via Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
4. Keep it short and sweet. Hey, if you have killer legs, try a fun shift dress. Russell rocked this almost-mini number while makingher late night talk show rounds. Bonus: A short floral number + an elegant pair of earrings is a great prego-chic option for a wedding. (Photo via NBC/Getty)
5. Make a statement. At The Americans’ recent premier, Russell went all in with a ruffled, slightly sheer black dress by Gucci, accessorized with dark lipstick and some chunky red heels. These would be fashion risks for anyone, but Keri totally rocked it. Own your look, and get ready to straight up slay. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
Who has your fave maternity style? Let us know @BritandCo!