5 Tips We Can ALL Steal from Keri Russell’s Effortlessly Chic Maternity Style
Maternity fashion has really hit its stride in the last few years. Celebrity fashion icons like Blake Lively, Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lopez and, of course, Kim Kardashian have been defying old conventions of pregnancy style and completely SLAYING it. Keri Russell, who’s about to have baby number three, has been particularly killing it these days with her own signature maternity style. The Americans star has been busy promoting the fourth season of her hit FX show while several months pregnant (the father is her partner and Americans co-star Matthew Rhys) and has looked absolutely #flawless this whole time. And for those of you who may not be quite as fearless as a Kardashian when it comes to dressing your bump, Keri’s pregnancy style may be the way to go: Her looks are a little more subtle, though equally as appealing. Here are a few tips we can take from her closet.
1. Don’t buy a whole new wardrobe. Keri Russell has always had an awesome and unique style, and she isn’t changing that just because she’s pregnant. Her sophisticated, hip Brooklyn mom look is still shining through with her jeans, sweaters and even sandals with socks. Her look works because it’s authentically her. (Photo via Raymond Hall/Getty)
2. Opt for an oversized coat. While this may not be an option for summer pregnancies, it’s perfect for chilly winters and way more chic than a puffy coat. (Photo via Alessio Boticelli/Getty)
3. It’s okay to go all-black. Just because you’re pregnant, doesn’t mean you can’t wear black or navy. Plus, if you aren’t ready to tell people yet, it can be a very slimming way to hide your bump — or at least not draw attention to it. (Photo via Nicholas Hunt/Getty)
4. Keep it short and sweet. Hey, if you have killer legs, try a fun shift dress. Russell rocked this almost-mini number while makingher late night talk show rounds. Bonus: A short floral number + an elegant pair of earrings is a great prego-chic option for a wedding. (Photo via NBC/Getty)
5. Make a statement. At The Americans’ recent premier, Russell went all in with a ruffled, slightly sheer black dress by Gucci, accessorized with dark lipstick and some chunky red heels. These would be fashion risks for anyone, but Keri totally rocked it. Own your look, and get ready to straight up slay. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
Who has your fave maternity style? Let us know @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)