Kimchi Bacon Breakfast Tacos Will Give You Plenty of Reason to Jump Out of Bed
Cookboomarked! is our new series where we review the latest cookbooks from the foodie influencers you follow. Check back often to find out which new releases are worth your hard-earned cash and the recipes you should try first from each.
You may know Jessica Merchant as the smiling face behind How Sweet Eats, the popular food and recipe blog. Merchant’s new The Pretty Dish ($23) cookbook combines her love of beautiful meals that are quick and simple with a few tasty DIY beauty recipes. For The Pretty Dish,she wanted to make sure her recipes could be done in 60 minutes or under, but that didn’t stop her from getting creative with her flavor combinations. For example, kimchi breakfast tacos. Sure, breakfast and tacos go together. Maybe you’ve even ventured into kimchi taco territory. But all together? Trust us, they’re excellent. Curious to try it out? Keep reading for the recipe.
Bacon, egg, and kimchi tacos
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 corn or flour tortillas (4’ diameter), heated or at room temperature
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup salsa, for topping
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-low heat.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs until just combined. Pour the eggs in the skillet and cook, stirring and tossing.
- Right before they firm up, stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and toss until it’s incorporated into the scrambled eggs.
- To assemble the tacos, divide the avocado among the tortillas. Top with the eggs, kimchi, bacon, scallion, cilantro, salsa, and queso fresco.
Did you try this “pretty dish?” Show us on Instagram!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos and recipe via Jessica Merchant / Rodale Books)