15 Kitchen Gadgets That Make Cooking With Seasonal Produce Easy
You’ve got a well-stocked fridge full of the season’s best produce, but how do you make the most of them? Look to these 15 kitchen essentials that make prepping and cooking your favorite fruits and veggies a cinch.
1. Chef’n Kale and Greens Stripper ($8): De-stemming kale and other hardy greens can be a huge pain — unless you have this tool.
2. Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen Sharpened Julienne Peeler ($8): If you’re not sold on the spiralizer craze yet, employ this julienne peeler. It won’t take up any precious counter space, and you can try out some veggie noodles for yourself.
3. Chef’n Strawberry Huller ($8): Stop wasting your berries by slicing off the hulls with a knife. This tool removes the tops effectively, with minimal waste.
4. MinoCat All-in-1 Heavy Duty Avocado Tool ($8): Don’t risk getting a case of “avocado hand” by hacking into your avocado with abandon. This special tool safely pits and slices your avocados every time.
5. Williams-Sonoma Jalapeño Corer ($8): Getting jalapeño on your cutting board, hands, and knives is no fun (especially if you accidentally touch your eye later!). This jalapeño corer safely removes the spicy membrane and seeds.
6. Kuhn-Rikon Corn Zipper ($13): If you’ve tried slicing corn kernels from the cob, you know it can be a messy, slippery mess. Try using this tool to maximize the corn you get from each ear.
7. Chef’n Strawberry Slicer ($15): For shortcake, cereal, yogurt parfaits, and more, chances are you’ll slice lots of strawberries this summer. Save time with this genius tool.
8. Williams-Sonoma Stainless-Steel Pineapple Slicer and Dicer ($20): Don’t suffer through another helping of bland canned pineapple again with this gadget that breaks down a whole fresh pineapple.
9. OXO Cherry and Olive Pitter ($13): If you want to make fresh cherry pie, or serve olives at a party without having someone choke on a pit, this little tool will be indispensable.
10. Citrus Ice Cube Infuser Set ($10): If you like lemon in your water, but don’t like having to deal with the rinds and seeds, try this helpful kit. It includes a juicer and ice cube molds, so you can freeze citrus juice and use it to flavor your beverages and keep them cold.
11. Williams-Sonoma Watermelon Slicer ($10): Watermelon is one of the true pleasures of summer dining, but slicing it is a huge, sloppy pain. Instead of cutting your melon into the classic rind-on wedges, use this tool to produce mess-free pieces.
12. Uncommon Goods DIY Fermentation Crock ($59): Stop spending $15 a jar on hipster pickles and learn how to make them yourself. This fermentation crock regulates everything so you can produce batch after batch with ease.
13. Uncommon Goods Avocado Huggers ($8): A silicone cup cradles the avocado, to stop the air from getting to it and turning it brown.
14. Walker Shop Herb Scissors ($12): These scissors mince herbs quickly, so you’re more likely to actually bring home that fragrant basil from the farmers’ market.
15. Uncommon Goods Berry Buddy ($46): Part kitchen tool, part stoneware art, this strainer both stores and rinses berries with style.
Check out more cool tools for the kitchen and home on our Pinterest page.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.