You may not have heard of hairstylist Kristin Ess just yet, but you’ll totes recognize some of her famous clients. The list includes the beloved Lauren Conrad, Lucy Hale and Nikki Reed. And if you follow Conrad’s Instas and blog at all, you know her hair always looks ah.maz.ing. So obvs Ess knows what she’s doing. That’s why we’re freaking out that she’s now collaborating with our fave store Target (they always have the best collabs!) for a new line of hair products. And you don’t have to blow your entire monthly budget on it. Here are eight products we can’t wait to get our hands, er strands, on ASAP.
1. Depth Defining Water-Based Pomade ($10): If you love to create braids or ponies in the a.m. when you just.can’t.even, you’ve got to try this pomade RN. It will help give your up-dos the texture they deserve, plus it will hold longer than your morning commute. Also, try it on short hair for a bit of extra definition.
2. Dry Finish Working Texture Spray ($14): You know the feeling when you work super hard to style your hair, only to have it look #sadface five minutes later? Try this finishing spray. It can be used on all our hair types for soft finish that holds. For reals.
3. Soft Shine Beach Wave Spray ($14): Your hair always looks incredible on vacation, amiright? Ess has legit bottled up those beachy waves that you usually get at the shore. And she’s even eliminated the sandy, dry feeling you usually get from salt spray. Just flip over dry hair and work it in for that vacation look you love.
4. Instant Lift Thickening Spray ($14): Thin hair can be infuriating to style because there’s only so much you can do. #Truthbomb. Luckily, Ess refuses to believe that’s the case, which is why her thickening spray is already in our shopping cart. It won’t weigh hair down, but instead provides shine, volume and protection from the elements.
5. Style Reviving Dry Shampoo ($14): Let’s discuss what we heart about dry shampoo real fast. TBH, it requires no work when you’re post-workout or haven’t showered in a bit. What’s not to like? It can be itchy and feel unnatural. Thankfully, Ess delivers a dry shampoo you can feel good about using, and it’s even infused with vitamin C so it’s helping your hair when you’ve literally done nothing. Lazy gals, unite!
6. The One Signature Shampoo ($10): If you’ve been soul searching for the perfect shampoo in your life that isn’t going to cost you hundreds, you’re in luck. Ess developed this daily shampoo (there’s also a matching conditioner) for all hair types. Looks like you finally can stop looking for “the one” and focus on your Tinder options.
7. Strand Strengthening Reconstructive Mask ($14): Winter weather is absolutely the worst for your poor hair. Luckily this reconstructive mask is here to save the (hair) day. You can apply it for just a few minutes at a time, or leave it on for up to an hour if your locks could really use some love. It will bring back the shine and healthy, non-split strands you’re after.
8. Hydrating Curl Defining Crème ($14): If you’ve got curls galore, you know they need some help to look their best. Hello! You’ll adore this defining creme that promises to eliminate frizz and replenish moisture when you’re looking more sad Goldilocks than Shirley Temple.
What are your favorite Target beauty finds? Tell us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.